Stretching an old cyc

Ech725

i just finished putting a pipe in an old cyc that was west coasted for over two years. It does not have any grommets on the sides. What are some tips to get the wrinkles out? Clamped lumber on the side and rope?

i just finished putting a pipe in an old cyc that was west coasted for over two years. It does not have any grommets on the sides. What are some tips to get the wrinkles out? Clamped lumber on the side and rope?
@Ech725 Clamped lumber, 1" x 3" or 4" , front and back, SL and SR, LOTS of clamps, C clamps, F clamps or Vise Grips; if feasible, you may want to undo a couple of ties at the top and get a partial wrap of the fabric onto the wood to get a tighter, firmer, slip-resistant grip. When you're complete and masked, is the full width of your cyc' cloth exposed? In at least one case where the sides were concealed by a downstage pair of legs an owner chose to run wood screws through the wood to get a tight grip with fewer clamps. In one instance the owner screwed through the cloth since their plan was to leave the wood in place permanently.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I had pretty good luck with a 30x50 cyc using a humidifier. Not sure if that's feasible in your space but I pulled the pockets out as hard as I could and clamped them on the pipe, then shot a humidifier toward it. It took three days, and I had to be careful not to get it too damp (or it would have shrunk and made things worse)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back