Striplights as Audience Blinders

Has anyone every tried using striplights as audience blinders? I'm concerned that I don't have enough PAR cans to do everything I want to and still be able to do blinders. Suggestions...?

What kind of strip lights do you have? Three of Four circuit strips? What's the wattage of the lamps? How many open circuits? In short, this can be done, but give us some details.

Virtually anything the emits light can be used as audience blinders. My personal favorite is 8-Light Molefays, with 4 ckts. each, so I can chase them.

If you've got the striplights, go for it. Consider reverse the ones on stage left so you have a symmetrical chase.

But why do you/want need audience blinders?

Well if you have 1K moles at your disposal, you may as well use them! I have used them before aswell, and they do the trick for blinding the audience! If you dont want to use them, QI floods (1K or 1.5K) work well also. But anything is good, you're 'blinding' them after all, aren't you? :p

Daniel

Has anyone every tried using striplights as audience blinders? I'm concerned that I don't have enough PAR cans to do everything I want to and still be able to do blinders. Suggestions...?

Actually, yes. I had substituted BEP photo-flood lamps which are R30, 300 watts and have a 4 hour life. The effect was nice and due to the low duty cycle, the 4 hour life was not a problem. Don't know if they are still made.

I see MR16 zip strips used all the time as blinders, sometimes vertical behind the band too which makes a really cool effect.

I'm actually not sure about the configuration of the striplights. They're sitting in our graveyard because we never use them. I'll take a look at them when I go in tomorrow.

I was supposed to do a show with Korn. I was specing some 12K fresnels as punch lights :D. They were going to be sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back