Striplights On Backdrop

Smatticus

I finally got atleast one picture from the dance recitals this year on my website. This was the first show I did all of the lighting design for without consulting with anyone else during the process, it worked out in the end but it was definitely a challenge. For the backdrop the director asked if there was a way to get color on it so I kind of ran with that and we ended up putting four striplights on the floor. This is just to give you an idea how it turned out, I will have more pictures online eventually!

http://www.smatticus.150m.com

Trade ya theaters!

Huh, I was looking at the pictures of your light board, and I was wondering what the macro's "booth on" and "booth off" were for. Are the booth lights running off your dimmers, and so thats what it is for, or is it something else?

Also, you said that you had 2 inhibitive subs for your spot lights. I'm assuming this means that you had your spot lights running off of your dimmers/light board. In your experience does this work? This strikes me as odd, I would have it so that the person running the follow spot could operate the spot by themselves. If you think about it, It seems that its likely that the spot would turn on before the operator was ready and had the spot in the correct position.

Regardless.... I WANT YOUR THEATER!!!!

Looks like it was a very good show also.

zac850 said:
Also, you said that you had 2 inhibitive subs for your spot lights. I'm assuming this means that you had your spot lights running off of your dimmers/light board. In your experience does this work? This strikes me as odd, I would have it so that the person running the follow spot could operate the spot by themselves. If you think about it, It seems that its likely that the spot would turn on before the operator was ready and had the spot in the correct position.
I've done it both ways. I did follow spot for one show where he ran it off the board, but I was also in one where my spotlight was completely self-contained. I much prefer my autonomy, because it keeps bad things like you described from happening.

Smatticus Online said:
I finally convinced the director of the auditorium, who shall remain nameless, to replace our old, rickety wooden ladder. Safety and stability triumph!
We have one of those old, rickety ladders floating around. We call it the Stairway to Heaven. I prefer it to almost all the ladders we have except for the A-frame, but that's just because I thrive on putting myself in what seems to others to be harm's way. All in the safest way possible, I'll have you know.

at the theatre i work at in the summer we had to run the spots in the dimmers. if we plugged in the regular circiut it tripped the braker every few minutes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back