Strong Electric Corp. Slide Projectors Model 44050-1 and 44050-2

Gregmm

Can anyone help me with giving me any info on the 2 Strong Electric Corp. Slide Projectors Model 44050-1 and 44050-2 . I know Strong made a Slide Projector attachment for the Strong Trouper spot. Was this it or is this a whole different unit . I can not find any info on it any where. I got these from an auction as I liked the looks on them. I also got a Trouper Spot for a song Thanks for any Help
Slide Projectors.jpg
strong trouper (1).jpg

Can anyone help me with giving me any info on the 2 Strong Electric Corp. Slide Projectors Model 44050-1 and 44050-2 . I know Strong made a Slide Projector attachment for the Strong Trouper spot. Was this it or is this a whole different unit . I can not find any info on it any where. I got these from an auction as I liked the looks on them. I also got a Trouper Spot for a song Thanks for any HelpView attachment 21399View attachment 21400
Calling: @ship and @derekleffew
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

I'm not sure i understand the question. The Super Trooper is a larger, longer throw unit. It appears those two do have and adapter of some sort on the front. I've spent literally over a thousand hour running carbon arc spots but I've never seen one with that mount on it.
Man, can you still get Carbons for these? I thought they'd all been converted to xenon by the mid 90's.

I'm not sure i understand the question. The Super Trooper is a larger, longer throw unit. It appears those two do have and adapter of some sort on the front. I've spent literally over a thousand hour running carbon arc spots but I've never seen one with that mount on it.
Man, can you still get Carbons for these? I thought they'd all been converted to xenon by the mid 90's.
I have found carbons, A guy has 50 packs on ebay for $69 right now the top units are Strong Slide Projectors It does not look like the adapter unit strong made. I seems to be some sort of stand alone unit. Just trying to get any info on them the Model number is 4450-1 on the first and 4450-2 on the second. seems like it could be a rare unit or a custom build from strong.

I got nothing given their gov. surplus other than... Very Cool! Let us know all about them as you give the tour in re-working and findings out history and curious things on them.

Never worked on or saw any carbon arc's from Strong short of I think I once saw some 8' (seeming like 12') long follow spots passing from between one trailer to another on the dock. Glad they were not coming to see me for repair...
Only carbon arc's I have worked on were from about 1890-1911. Paul Rabinovitz <[email protected]> would be who I would shot an email with photo to.

Wow' you must have a lot of storage space to take on follow spots for collection. Are you a' looking for more Follow Spots? I once in a while hear about free follow spots or big Leko's & cyc's looking for a home. I even have some surplus. (off line)

Huh, Apparently they used them to project images for upcoming features. Inside and outside the theatre..

I got nothing given their gov. surplus other than... Very Cool! Let us know all about them as you give the tour in re-working and findings out history and curious things on them.

Never worked on or saw any carbon arc's from Strong short of I think I once saw some 8' (seeming like 12') long follow spots passing from between one trailer to another on the dock. Glad they were not coming to see me for repair...
Only carbon arc's I have worked on were from about 1890-1911. Paul Rabinovitz <[email protected]> would be who I would shot an email with photo to.

Wow' you must have a lot of storage space to take on follow spots for collection. Are you a' looking for more Follow Spots? I once in a while hear about free follow spots or big Leko's & cyc's looking for a home. I even have some surplus. (off line)
I am not a collector I just like strange stuff. I did not pay much for them It will cost me more in fuel to go get them Friday . A 500 mile trip. I allso got 64 Fresnelite stage lights and 4 Strong Zenon power supply's. that I will sell. I got the spot and projectors after I got the other stuff as I was going to be there anyway. Thanks for the lead I will let you know if it pans out

Strong also built lamphouses for 35mm film projectors so it does not surprise me that if the call came for slide projectors they would whip something together. Peerless was the biggest supplier for carbon arc projection equipment for theaters so I suspect Strong may have been in and then out of the slide projector biz in a short time. Sure looks based on the Strong Trouper AC units. Probably used the 6mm ac carbons.

Those are (or sure look like) Trouper lamp houses. I seem to remember having a Strong catalog which showed the slide projectors (don't have it any more) like 60 years ago. The legs folded down and were adjustable to allow them to be set up & focussed on a fixed screen. I think they had a zoom lens arrangement similar to the Trouper. No iris, dowser or gel boomerang tho. Don't know what they used for slide cooling, but it must have been a problem.

And I'll take that Trouper if you want to get rid of it. :)
I own an school built in 1959 and I live there and use it as a wearhouse in a rural area and I think I am going to set up one of the school rooms with a lot of the old wierd stiff I find and the trouper and projectors would fit right in. I think I mite try to get them working If i can.

Those are (or sure look like) Trouper lamp houses. I seem to remember having a Strong catalog which showed the slide projectors (don't have it any more) like 60 years ago. The legs folded down and were adjustable to allow them to be set up & focussed on a fixed screen. I think they had a zoom lens arrangement similar to the Trouper. No iris, dowser or gel boomerang tho. Don't know what they used for slide cooling, but it must have been a problem.
I am posting a few mor pics as it built on a Trouper base and It shows a cooling fan
7978_1131_1.jpg
7978_1131_3.jpg
7978_1131_6.jpg
7978_1131_8.jpg
7978_1131_9.jpg
7978_1131_11.jpg

Good you seemingly have four spotlights and four ballasts. Really makes un-viable once you have the light but not it's power supply. Take down model and serial numbers of lights and ballasts, and do send them on their way to the above Paul at Strong contact.

-As with Mole Richardson in serial number, they keep records and can probably tell you the date the fixture was made and who sold to.
-Strong probably wants to keep track of their fixtures in who owns them especially if elderly at this point.
-Not a bad thing to let the maker of such a light know who has one of them - there might be some call for use of it say as a prop light in the future.
-If you need parts or service, you probably can't buy direct, but at least the manufacturer can recommend a distributor to get it done.

Last edited:
"I allso got 64 Fresnelite stage lights"

There are so few words said, but so many coded words / spellings in this statement making a lighting fixture politically like a "Q" Statement for us to decode.

Sorry in a joke of words on the Q' politically in comparison to a bunch of stage lights. The numbers and word combinations used in your quote are just too chance - no offenses intended on the reply. "64 Fresnelite" Brilliant in chance wording description that hits lots of wording hot spots.

Next Photo's the Fresnelite's. Please post them as per a new seperate topic.. 64x Fresnels could be interesting as expected in cornering the market for a mid-sized theater's needs.

Ship: are you a math guy as in your statement below are you Implying " Q Methodology" ? Or "Conditional Statement Forms" If so that is way above my 10th grade Education. But if you are --- I can truly relate because It is so profound even tho being shocked and amazed I am highly impressed. All so when I get the 64 Fresnelite stage lights home
I will take some fresh pics and post them on the board as a new separate topic. As I have always wanted to corner a market v market a corner as I have done as a real estate agent.

"There are so few words said, but so many coded words / spellings in this statement making a lighting fixture politically like a "Q" Statement for us to decode. "

My apologies in making humor seeming from a wording, but badly implied and stated on my part. No offense meant and I will try to do better in not. Again apologies, in not intending to demean you.

My apologies in making humor seeming from a wording, but badly implied and stated on my part. No offense meant and I will try to do better in not. Again apologies, in not intending to demean you.
I take no offense I was just having some fun. I got them home, and have found someone in California that is looking for some info on them. Hhe is a real enthusiast on all the carbon ark stuff. so I will keep all informed on any info on them.

Still have no definitive info on the projectors. I do now know Strong did offer them as part of there catalog but it seems not all that many made it in to the market. So that is why they are not seen much and few old timers know about them ( I am a old timer so I can say that) . They are in the warehouse and I am dissembling one of them. For the age it is in vary good condition over all. The things is about 150 pounds or more and is 5'+ long so to move it around you would need 2 people . Just an update

Users who are viewing this thread

Back