Control/Dimming Strong Neeva Integration into LightFactory

JimR

Recently two Strong Neeva Profile Spot RGBW were added to our community theatre lighting array. We have struggled mightily to integrate the fixtures into our light board, LightFactory. LightFactory also uses Zero88 fixture library data. Although the Neeva's are working they can only be controlled in four attributes (RGBW). There is no attribute, for intensity although there is a five channel option on the instrument itself. To say the documentation that came with the instruments is lacking is an understatement. Does anyone have any experience they can share?

I also use lightfactory. Have you tried creating a profile for it in fixture editor? As long as you know which channel controls what attribute it should be simple to create a profile.

Let me know if you have any issues, and I can give you a hand creating one.

Devin

(edit) After reading the manual, it appears channel five is a speed control, to smooth dimming. There doesn't appear to be an overall intensity channel.

Last edited:
Devin

Thank you for your response and offer. I had created a fixture in Fixture Editor. I used RGB and expanded the entry to add W. I was making this work but having trouble. Being a neophyte I was trying to edit my cues using Ch Grid in the Cue List Editor. When I edit in Channel Display then update the selected cue things seem to work. The Neeva in absence of a new DMX value will remain on at its last setting. It also does not respond to Reset from the Cue List Editor. It will respond to DBO/Clear from Channel Display. Some quirks to work around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back