Students: Win a free ETC console for your School.

Nice job Lava!

Also [user]footer[/user], is it safe to assume you helped the Saratoga kids? I liked theirs, even if I never want to hear party rock anthem ever again, since I hear every DJ play it every time.

Please vote for Our ETC video

Please go here and vote for my Schools ETC Video. Show Us Your ETC We really need a new board and this would be a huge bonus not only to the drama department but the whole school!

Thanks so much

Re: Please vote for Our ETC video

Can I ask why there are two different videos?

We had two students that wanted to make one. ETC wants as many as possible. So I figure it increases the chances. We almost had a 3rd but they backed out. Our crew make videos for everything and almost of everything so this was almost second nature.

Hey everyone, there are some new videos up to watch. This one Show Us Your ETC is by my students. Please help us out we are a small school.

That is sweet! I even had goose bumps at the end!

I voted for both of yours! can you vote for mine in return! Show Us Your ETC
The videos that are coming in are higher quality then I was expecting! This is going to be very interesting to see who wins.

Last edited:
That is sweet! I even had goose bumps at the end!

I voted for both of yours! can you vote for mine in return! Show Us Your ETC
The videos that are coming in are higher quality then I was expecting! This is going to be very interesting to see who wins.

Thanks so much for your vote!!! Your favorite things video is a big favorite of ours! We already "liked" it. "When the TD screams . . . ." LOL

Nice job Lava!

Also footer, is it safe to assume you helped the Saratoga kids? I liked theirs, even if I never want to hear party rock anthem ever again, since I hear every DJ play it every time.

Nope. Wrong Saratoga. There are three Saratoga's, one in Utah, one in NY, and another in California. The video is from the California one. Also, Saratoga is technically an region on the Hudson about 5 miles away. It is where the Battle of Saratoga was fought and is now a national park and national cemetery. I live in Saratoga Springs just up the hill from there... we did not have any battles fought... instead we have water and horses. Also, the potato chip was invented here (wikipedia says it.. so it must be true!). So, now you will never confuse the Saratoga's again.... and the High School here needs to apply. I did tell them about it. Also, Skidmore here in town already has an Ion.

Finally, get in your car/train/whatever and actually come upstate sometime. There is a lot more to this state you call home then some steel and concrete.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, CalArts Just posted a video. Featuring the bottle-opening feature of the source four. Maybe Y'all can take a look and vote. Show Us Your ETC There are defiantly some good videos up there, some of the "smaller schools" look like they can hold their own. It's gonna be nerve-wracking for sure. Help us out y'all!

Nope. Wrong Saratoga. ... I live in Saratoga Springs just up the hill from there... we did not have any battles fought... instead we have ... horses. ...
Carly Simon fans should remember the lyric "Well, I hear you went up to Saratoga. And your horse naturally won."

I'm early calling this contest a victory for ControlBooth. At least two (and very probably more) of the videos have an appearance by a current or former ControlBooth member.

Congratulations to all entrants. I find it interesting that the quality of the videos is generally in direct proportion to the quality of the school. So the videos are also advertisements for the school, most with no faculty or staff involvement or intervention. You're all winners. I wouldn't want to be a judge.

ETC, give them each a console. "And you get an Element, and you get an Element, and you get an Element."!

Great entries all around! Can't wait to see what gets posted today. The bottle opener was hilarious! And I really liked the ETC cribs - very out of the box. I think the biggest laugh I had was the pin-spot on the toilet, though. Well done.

I am constantly amazed at what my students can do. Sometimes (heck, most of the time) I, just sit back and let them teach me. Their youth a creativity push me out of my box every day. I felt like a proud dad watching my students play and wrestle with this project. I would have loved to been a fly on the wall during some of your vids, they looked fun and inspired.

Shameless plug for my students: our school only has 275 students and we can't hope to compete against bigger schools in votes. Give us a "like", if you can. We are #18 from Cate.

I am also glad this contest helped me find this forum. I have been trolling the boards ever since. Nice to meet you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I am also glad this contest helped me find this forum. I have been trolling the boards ever since. Nice to meet you all.
Good to have you. I hope you're not just saying nice things to garner more votes (sorry for the pessimism; it's political season). Did you start a thread in the New Member Board introducing yourself? It's your one and only chance for self-promotion.

Last edited:
...Anyway, it's not up on the contest site yet, but here is a YouTube link to convince you that I deserve your vote!
This is the first video I was moved to vote for, and it appears it may not have met the deadline.:( I'll keep checking, just in case there's a delay.

Can't wait for March 29, 2012.

EDIT: Oh good, it made it. About five new videos are there that weren't there this morning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back