Stupid Ion Questions... uh, 7, I think

Jay Ashworth

Some mid-range googling didn't turn this up in the Ion doco, nor on the forum, or the greater Internet, which seems strange:

Can I put *cues* on DS buttons?

If so, will they just be 0-time GoToCues? Or can I get time into them?

Does this require building a Macro, or is there an easier way?

I'll look at that too, Steve; thanks.

What *I* wanted from Magic Sheets was the ability to easily see the levels on active fixtures, and I couldn't quite get that sussed.

I'll look at that too, Steve; thanks.

What *I* wanted from Magic Sheets was the ability to easily see the levels on active fixtures, and I couldn't quite get that sussed.

On the icon which represents your channel. There are several things you can do.
Add an Intensity field as one of the fields on the icon. It displays a numeric value of intensity.
Add an Intensity Slider as one of the fields on the Icon. It displays a bar graph showing you a quick idea of the intensity.
Go to the Color field for the icon. select a medium grey ( to start with) color. Click on the rightmost box ( which controlls the inner color) and click on the box titled "link to channel Intensity"

This shows all intensities not just active

Re the GOTO. As others have said.
Crate a macro that is a 'GOTO the cue you want' Say it is macro number 83
Add a Macro icon to the magic sheet ( The button with the M)
Set the target as 83 ( the macro you created)

Otay... I put some Scene markers in the cue sheet on today's show.

When I press the automagically created DS buttons for the scenes, it appears that the cursor in the cuelist jumps to that spot, but it doesn't *Go* that cue... and it also appears that the Next Cue pointer isn't what's positioned there, as hitting Go doesn't appear to load the cue either.

Am I missing something, or am I missing something?

P71 of the 2.7.2 manual suggests that

[ Scene DS ] [ Go ]

Ought to work, but it does not appear to on my 2.6.2 board.

Last edited:
This is expected behaviour. If you want a "Go" function then double-click the direct select. That assumes you have Direct Select double-click enabled in the device display settings. It's covered in the manual on tab 100.

Scenes can be selected from the direct selects. From the direct selects display, press {Select} and then {Scenes} to view your scenes on the direct selects. The direct select will show the scene's label and cue.

Pressing a scene direct select will post the cue number associated with that scene as a terminated command onto the command line.

Double pressing a scene direct select will fire the cue, if {DirSelDbl Clk} has been enabled in Setup>Device>Displays.

To post as an unterminated command, hold down [Shift] as you press the direct select.

Getting a clean-enough double click on an iPad is troublesome -- in fact, I don't know that I'll get it at all from OSCrfr. So I guess that function's not going to solve my problem.

Back to the drawing board, I guess.

Nope.

I want to know what command, following the terminated command

Cue 100 *

Will *Go* to Cue 100.

In short, I want [Take]. And I don't think it exists.

I’m not following on what you want to do.

You want a different way to “Go to Cue 100” ?.

Instead of typing “Cue 100 Take Enter” (6 button pushes), how about “Go to Cue 100 Enter” 5 button pushes.

Or “Cue 100 Load, Go (button), 4 button pushes and it grabs the recorded time for that cue as opposed to whatever your defined Go To Cue time is in setup. It may need an Enter before Load,

Nope.

I want to know what command, following the terminated command

Cue 100 *

Will *Go* to Cue 100.

In short, I want [Take]. And I don't think it exists.

Yeah also not following what you want to do. Could you clarify in different language?

Are you wanting to use attributes of another cue? Such as time?
Or do you want to goto a cue as a single button press? This could be achieved with a macro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back