Suggestions on how to make it rain full sheets of paper on stage

Andres

Hi folks, I'm getting a little ahead of my self here, but next season we will be doing a show that calls for full sheets of paper to inundate the entire stage in a matter of seconds at the very end of the show. The easy solution which would be stagehands in the catwalks is not an option since our venue does not have any catwalks. We have a 16' tall truss system 40' wide by 25' deep. I've done many drops with rose petals and mylar, but never full sheets of paper. I'm thinking gravity will still be our best friend here, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Andres

You could just roll the paper and stick it in a 2" confetti cannon. Be sure to use a lift cup.

Can they be crumpled lightly? If they can, you can build a box to hold the wrinkles papers flat (the wrinkling keeps them from sticking to each other), and drop the bottom out of the boxes via pneumatic cylinders or solenoids (or pins and tie line, whatever you want really). The higher up the boxes are the more spread you get. Build one, put it at trim and test it, then build as many as you need and distribute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back