'sup techies.

Rhonda

Hey all, i'm a 15 year old drama student from florida.
I found this board while trying to find vocal warmups for acting class, and stayed 'cause i love learning how to do new things for tech.

I run the soundboard mostly, and have done it so far for only 2 shows, but am already sound designer for the one-act we're taking to the one-act competition... so i'm probably gonna be asking a lot about that and stuff.

Anyway, just saying hi so you're all not like, "who is that?"

Hope i'm welcome. =]

Welcome Aboard ! ASk away, we like to answer. What part of Florida ? My brother in law is a dj in florida. I once spent a month in Hollywood Fl. one week.

I'm 15 too by the way, and I can definitely confirm that age is not a limiting factor (unless it's the OTHER end of age!).

Welcome!!! Whoops, that was "uncool" wasn't it. 'sup!

what kind of sound desk do you operate?

This is gonna make me sound like such a n00b, but i really don't know.

for some reason the letters LXS stand out, but i'm not sure if that even means anything.

We can plug 14 mics into it, plus 4 hanging, a floor, and of course the two speakers.

We have 4 matrices[sp] too, but only use the mains, stage, and booth (even though we're not supposed to use the booth. ;) )

Hopefully that explains something familiar to you.

Have I already posted in this thread? *checks* Yes, darn.

Sorry, just catching up on all the threads in here :lol:

You know that when I look at the forum list I get a nice little tick on the right hand side of the topic name if I have posted a reply in it. Though that might have to do with the way I have new post notifications etc. set up...

That would sound like the mixer you have is just a smaller size than the one in the picture... sounds like you have the 24 channel while the picture is of the 32 channel model...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back