Super Bowl LI Discussion

Who are you rooting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm wondering what protocol they were using to control those hand lights. Disney has these wands and ears in the park now that sync with the fireworks show at night. The only reason my kid convinced me to get one was so I could take it apart and figure out what was going on. I'm guessing it has to be pretty robust with all the RF interference in there and they seemed to have a pretty high refresh rate. I'm wondering if they are pre-recorded to the fixture itself and then synced with timecode?

Those are all from Glow Motion Technologies. They are all RF and can be controlled individually or in groups. It's all programmed using DMX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a "source" to watch the halftime and there was for sure some choreography involved. I also wonder if they didn't form some sort of mesh network or something else to track where each one was on the field.

Spot number 2 for second half.
image.jpg

Here in Seattle, one of the most liberal places in the country, everyone was relieved to take a day off from protesting Trump to hate Tom Brady instead. Now I have to watch this?

ONE MORE TIME!!!

34/28 PATRIOTS WIN!!!!!

That line of fixtures behind the stage, what do you think those are?
VL3500 Wash FX probably. There was also a line of what looked like 2416's.
Dang dancers kept standing in front of them the few times I got a decent camera shot.

Well that waste of time is over... BRING ON 24!... Please don't suck!

Goat

did you hear the crowd when Goodell was trying to talk?

VL3500 Wash FX probably. There was also a line of what looked like 2416's.
Dang dancers kept standing in front of them the few times I got a decent camera shot.

I saw somewhere that they were the new VL6000 Beams. I'm guessing there were also Mythos in there somewhere.

The NFL network has also uploaded the whole half-time show to Youtube.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fly by Foy for flying fx.

Re-watched halftime on youtube, VL6000 beams are the closer row in the back with fewer fixtures. They have the 3 support bars you can see for the central reflector. Ayrton Magic Dots on the half sphere she's playing piano at. GLP GT-1s and Ayrton Magic Panels on the towers. I can't make out what the full line of beam fixtures are further back, but I'm sticking with my guess of Mythos based on the beam quality, and if the previous super bowl designs are any indication the fixtures up on the various levels were probably all Sharpys unless PRG got them to flip the spec to their proprietary Icon Beam.

You're probably correct. I'm sooo five years ago. :angryoldman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back