Supply Chain reality

@gafftaper it might not be sitting in Montana. Tracking reports are notoriously suspect. The tracking history for one of my packages once went from Memphis to Montreal, then showed as going back and forth between the UK and the USA for about a week before it showed up in Ottawa. Why? Because they scan the shipping container and assume the package is still in it.

My package was sitting in a customs warehouse in Montreal for a while before Fedex could get their hands on it to scan again when it came off the truck in Ottawa.

@gafftaper it might not be sitting in Montana. Tracking reports are notoriously suspect. The tracking history for one of my packages once went from Memphis to Montreal, then showed as going back and forth between the UK and the USA for about a week before it showed up in Ottawa. Why? Because they scan the shipping container and assume the package is still in it.

My package was sitting in a customs warehouse in Montreal for a while before Fedex could get their hands on it to scan again when it came off the truck in Ottawa.
Hopefully mine isn't sitting in Montreal. :rolleyes:

You want frustrating? Both the UPS and FedEx Portland Terminals are located within a 1/4 mile of Stagecraft, right here on Swan Island. Any Idea how frustrating to see that a package arrived at the hub at 4 AM and you're waiting till noon the next day for it to get delivered? I have to drive right by FedEx to get off the island! I Want a drive up window!

So here we are on Thursday, My package was scheduled for delivery Tuesday but has been sitting in Missoula since Monday. :think:

My experience with the tracking tango is that I seem to have packages get stuck in Tulsa, OK and Roanoke, VA. One package thru T-town was "on truck for delivery to final destination" for 3 days in a row. I have had several packages make it to Roanoke and just sit there for a few days.

My experience with the tracking tango is that I seem to have packages get stuck in Tulsa, OK and Roanoke, VA. One package thru T-town was "on truck for delivery to final destination" for 3 days in a row. I have had several packages make it to Roanoke and just sit there for a few days.
This is pretty much what led me to call FredEx and scream - literally - at the CSR until I was transferred to someone "who can fire a district manager" (my request). I ended up with the direct-to-her-desk phone number for an Ombuds(wo)man. My continuous and well documented complaints led to the reassignment or termination of my route driver and at least 1 dispatcher.

I refuse to use FredEx unless it's their "custom-critical" service - a hot shot, expedited service with 1 truck and 2 drivers - and someone else is paying for that premium service.

I used to work for GPX (Greyhound Package Express). Tracking a package consisted of calling every stop between the shipping city and the receiving city and seeing if it was sitting there. If not, well then I guess it's on a bus somewhere. Sounds like fed-ex has almost dropped down to that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back