Supreme Problem Solver - Controller of All

3dB

"Pay no attention to that man behind the mixer!" - until you need something - anything... really!

What is the strangest non-audio related request you have received - OR the strangest non-audio related service you have performed - as "one who sits behind the desk"?

Me, I coordinated a wedding rehearsal the other day. "We don't know what to do ... hey... let's ask that sound-mixer guy!". I had run sound for zillions of weddings... I knew the drill... I directed the rehearsal. Service with a smile!

Allow yourself a little levity. What's your story?

Regards,
Mark

I really like those new sound consoles with the built-in HVAC interfaces so the soundman can adjust the room temperature! Be sure to ask the audience member what seat they're sitting in as you pretend to make the adjustment.:twisted:

Oh another favorite, now slightly dated. All that fancy sound equipment and you can't play a cassette?:evil:

Not exactly sound related however I need to share this gem. When I was asked by a secretary to bring down the main curtain for an awards ceremony she said:

"I looked on the wall and there were a bunch of light switches but none of them said curtain"

We have a traditional double purchase fly system...

I really like those new sound consoles with the built-in HVAC interfaces so the soundman can adjust the room temperature! Be sure to ask the audience member what seat they're sitting in as you pretend to make the adjustment.:twisted:

You mean your console doesn't have one of these?

Convenience Module

I'm still trying to dig out a good request. Probably the person who kept asking me for more light on stage. I pointed a flashlight down there and he thanked me.

You mean your console doesn't have one of these?

Convenience Module

I'm still trying to dig out a good request. Probably the person who kept asking me for more light on stage. I pointed a flashlight down there and he thanked me.

Had just the opposite happen to me. I had an Expression 3 mid-house during a battle of the bands and some guy came up to me and told me to turn the subs down. He really proved himself to be an expert there...

Not that it matters but every band was required to play through their own PA system anyway... It was more of a competition of what band is the best and most "stage ready".

From memory, my boss said that the little screen on the meter bridge of an SD7 can be set to run pretty much whatever. Basically if the underlying windows will run it, you could.

So, could one not open a browser page and navigate to the BMS and literally have control of the air con?:twisted:

We'll get to thumping whoever connected a show critical network to an external network later. :p

This is of course merely to set the temperature to suit the crew...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back