Control/Dimming Switch on lights from switch or DB ?

shaunthay

Hi Guys!

Just a question! Im currently doing lightings in a church installation setting. Basically, i currently switch on the lights via the normal wall switches or power iso. I also have access to the power db. So which do you guys normally use? I would prefer the db as i feel that the wall switches might wear out faster. let me know what are your thoughts! thanks!

By PD do you mean the breaker panel? If so then it is not recommended to use that on a daily basis. Yes the switches will wear out faster (though really how much faster?) But a .50 cent light switch is a lot easier and cheaper to replace than a $50 breaker.

Also by using the breaker you will cause it to wear out faster, and it may not trip correctly during an over current situation causing an unsafe potential.

I thought DB was "Dead Blackout" - the bottom on the console? I guess we need more clarification as to what that is in this situation.

I would prefer a method of utilizing basic light without the console if needed.

DB is Distribution Board, a switchboard between the installation's main switchboard and the end load...

Reactions: Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back