Tableau scrim

Becky

So we are doing Gypsy, and after talking to the director I have to find a tableau opening drape that has the capability of being transparent and opaque like a scrim. I have looked all over and called several of the big rental companies and either they don't understand or don't thing it is possible. Has anyone seen a drape like this or even better know where I can rent one? (drape size 50w x 20h)
Thanks for the help:)

If you're talking about a true tableau curtain made of scrim or other sheer fabric,
proxy.php

KIMSCO SUPPLY COMPANY - Maine supplier of school / office furniture and equipment
I'm not sure you're going to find such an animal, as the transparentness would expose the operating lines, and no one wants to see rigging.;)

However, I'd try Stage Curtain Rentals, Theatrical Rental Drapes | Rent What? , Drape Rentals, Deep Stock of Colors and Fabrics - Drape Kings - Drape Kings , as well as Tobins Lake and other vendors found by Googling "backdrop rental".

Yes we are wanting a true tableau. I know that since it is a scrim you will see the rigging and we are ok with that. It is for the scene in Gypsy when Luise is backstage and about to go on stage for her first strip tease. You see her behind the curtain and we want it to see through the curtian (scrim) so you can see "what is on stage"(this is real up stage)

I hope that made sense.

For a Cirque show, we did a tab curtain made of voile from Rose Brand. We didn't however, try to make it opaque. You might not be able to make it perfect, but I'd bet you could do pretty well. Perhaps get a swatch of the fabric and experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back