Talking LDI... and BBQ

You forgot the first thing...
o_O Where the hell are we going?!?!
The directions aren't difficult. You go out behind the Circus Circus to Battle Field Vegas, turn left and go past the Exotic Dancer Supply Stores, strip clubs, swingers clubs, and massage parlors. When you get to the Erotic Heritage Museum turn right and go to the bad side of the train tracks, turn right under the freeway and left into the parking lot BEFORE you reach the strip club. It's next to the AM Christian Radio station....

Seriously those are the directions to the greatest BBQ in Vegas. All you have to do is step inside and smell the air and you know it was a good choice. Took my wife there a few months ago she was terrified but loved it!

The ribs are the stuff dreams are made of, the brisket is unreal. While I normally follow a rule about avoiding starches while at an all you can eat place, the potato salad is worth it.

Two words: Burnt Ends

I'm dying here. There's very little decent BBQ here in Seattle.

It's always fun when I run into them stocking up at the business Costco. Reminds me that it is all in the preparation.

Two words: Burnt Ends

I'm dying here. There's very little decent BBQ here in Seattle.

Is there any good BBQ in seattle. If so where.

Is there any good BBQ in seattle. If so where.
Pecos Pit BBQ is the only BBQ in Seattle is great and the only real BBQ in town (on 1st across from the Sears/Starbucks building). They have Brisket or Pork sandwiches (you can choose sliced or pulled) sauces are fantastic and spicy really is spicy. It's open Monday-Friday around 10:30am until they run out of food which is around 3 or 4pm. It's excellent, but not exactly a full menu. Don't bother with the beans or hotlinks. They have been adding other things to the menu lately, I haven't tried them. Sliced Beef sandwich with medium sauce is my order. Medium is hoter than most places "hot". The Hot sauce is spicy enough to chemically burn and turn your lips and cheeks red. The Damn hot sauce is like rocket fuel. Other than Pecos Pit, it's a vast wasteland here.

Best BBQ in the state is Rodeo City BBQ in Ellensburg... it's well worth the stop... be sure to leave room for ice cream at Winegars afterwards.

So, I guess part of planning means that I actually have to register to attend. Huh. Time to check emails for the floor code.

EDIT: Found one. Now I'm all set.

Last edited:
I'll be happy to be taking a day off of my Day -job and be in attendance this year... when I was there two years ago, I think @ketlite was the only person I actually met (via one Guy Rhodes), but I hope to put more names with faces this year!

Ahhh... Gafftaper, is this the BBQ joint where we broke bread (and ribs) a few years ago in the 'seedier part o town'?

Ahhh... Gafftaper, is this the BBQ joint where we broke bread (and ribs) a few years ago in the 'seedier part o town'?
Yes, that is the one we are talking about.

Neither location is that far away. It isn't "that" big of a city.

Neither location is that far away. It isn't "that" big of a city.
It's not the distance I was referring to, as it is a short drive. It's just the route that Gaff takes to get there.
The directions aren't difficult. You go out behind the Circus Circus to Battle Field Vegas, turn left and go past the Exotic Dancer Supply Stores, strip clubs, swingers clubs, and massage parlors. When you get to the Erotic Heritage Museum turn right and go to the bad side of the train tracks, turn right under the freeway and left into the parking lot BEFORE you reach the strip club. It's next to the AM Christian Radio station....

Watch it with the eh's Dave! They're mine and my kin's.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
It wasn't an "A" sound eh, it was an eh like the sound in meh. And I fixed your grammar for you! :whistle::angel:

It's not the distance I was referring to, as it is a short drive. It's just the route that Gaff takes to get there.

It wasn't an "A" sound eh, it was an eh like the sound in meh. And I fixed your grammar for you! :whistle::angel:
Touche! You got me!!
Read it three more times BEFORE pressing send / post.
Good on you! And I'm usually the there, their, they're police!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
(Dang! I almost misspelled my own name.)

It's not the distance I was referring to, as it is a short drive. It's just the route that Gaff takes to get there.:whistle:

Ah. I guess we start to become numb to such landmarks as being odd.

Touche! You got me!!
Read it three more times BEFORE pressing send / post.
Good on you! And I'm usually the there, their, they're police!
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.
(Dang! I almost misspelled my own name.)
I understand. We all have bad days!

Ah. I guess we start to become numb to such landmarks as being odd.
I find that passing every landmark along the way there just helps to build my anticipation... and my passenger's fear. It's a win-win for me.

I took a look at the one in "Pawn Plaza" and although it's new and shiny, I don't think it's an improvement. There's something about the journey through the valley of the shadow of death combined with the redemption of walking through the door and smelling the smoke of Heaven that really adds to the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back