Talking LDI... and BBQ

That does sound like a win-win situation, one location for the freakin tourists and one for the very wise "In the know" people and the locals.
I must also state that in these parts a BBQ joint ain't 'sposed to be NEW & SHINY!!!!! It just ain't natural.

I must also state that in these parts a BBQ joint ain't 'sposed to be NEW & SHINY!!!!! It just ain't natural.

I think that's exactly what's wrong with the new one. Pawn Plaza is a high tech two story strip mall that appears to have been built out of multi color shipping containers. It just doesn't look like a proper BBQ joint.

Now, if the smoker was the size of a shipping container, that would be a different story altogether.

I think that's exactly what's wrong with the new one. Pawn Plaza is a high tech two story strip mall that appears to have been built out of multi color shipping containers. It just doesn't look like a proper BBQ joint.

To my knowledge they are getting their meats cooked at the original location still so you don't get nearly the tasty bbq smell as you walk up.

"Pawn Plaza", yet another place that has no appeal to visit. I'd take you to my watering hole, but not everyone likes the drive to Hender-tucky.

I find that passing every landmark along the way there just helps to build my anticipation... and my passenger's fear. It's a win-win for me.

I took a look at the one in "Pawn Plaza" and although it's new and shiny, I don't think it's an improvement. There's something about the journey through the valley of the shadow of death combined with the redemption of walking through the door and smelling the smoke of Heaven that really adds to the experience.
That's what I've been saying!

There's a great, award winning place here in Fort Wayne that I like, which should win an award just for its name, called Shigs In Pit. Went there the other day and it got me very excited for Rollin Smoke!

At this point, this thread title might need to be changed, since there is another thread with the original intent of this one before it fell down the rabbit hole!

Can't wait! Basically my only vacation every year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait! Basically my only vacation every year.

Theatre Geek - you've got to treat yourself better. You will not regret it and no one ever said on their death bed "gee, I wish I hadn't taken so much time off". Think about this, please. I am on your side.

Theatre Geek - you've got to treat yourself better. You will not regret it and no one ever said on their death bed "gee, I wish I hadn't taken so much time off". Think about this, please. I am on your side.

Hey I, it's not all bad, I have USITT too...

The directions aren't difficult. You go out behind the Circus Circus to Battle Field Vegas, turn left and go past the Exotic Dancer Supply Stores, strip clubs, swingers clubs, and massage parlors. When you get to the Erotic Heritage Museum turn right and go to the bad side of the train tracks, turn right under the freeway and left into the parking lot BEFORE you reach the strip club. !
I do believe that the list of all the places on the good side of the tracks says a lot about Vegas.

There's a great, award winning place here in Fort Wayne that I like, which should win an award just for its name, called Shigs In Pit. Went there the other day and it got me very excited for Rollin Smoke!
Maybe someday USITT will be in Fort Wayne, 2020 is still TBA, and every one can go and harass you at your workplace too!

Maybe someday USITT will be in Fort Wayne, 2020 is still TBA, and every one can go and harass you at your workplace too!
While that would be fun, it's highly unlikely it would ever happen. While I do think our convention center probably is big enough to house the show, the city isn't big or exciting enough. It would be very inexpensive though. Except for flights. The cost of flying in and out of Fort Wayne would more than make up for low housing and food costs. The airport isn't big enough to handle the traffic either, only four real gates.

While that would be fun, it's highly unlikely it would ever happen. While I do think our convention center probably is big enough to house the show, the city isn't big or exciting enough. It would be very inexpensive though. Except for flights. The cost of flying in and out of Fort Wayne would more than make up for low housing and food costs. The airport isn't big enough to handle the traffic either, only four real gates.

You could set up Apollo shuttle flight service to Chicago with Captain Joel... and stewardess Keith!

I find that passing every landmark along the way there just helps to build my anticipation... and my passenger's fear. It's a win-win for me.

I took a look at the one in "Pawn Plaza" and although it's new and shiny, I don't think it's an improvement. There's something about the journey through the valley of the shadow of death combined with the redemption of walking through the door and smelling the smoke of Heaven that really adds to the experience.

To step it up next time you could go to the El Dorado Cantina. To get there just drive to the Sapphire strip club, park in their parking lot, get out and walk towards the entrance of the strip club, and veer left at the last minute towards the door with the Dia de los Muertos style skull painted around it. For obvious reasons everyone I know calls it stripper tacos, but they're actually really good.

I think that @porkchop might be pulling our whatever! Wow is that place ever fancy schmancy, I think it is appropriate to say that since one of the owners is a Feinstein.
I mean really Non-GMO, gluten free and vegatarian/vegan optional. They also gush a bit much about their decor, they have some antiques including a couple of antique mirrors, oh my and even a couple of old doors from Mexico, old Mexico at that (for authenticity don't you see). They do have the tequila tho.:drool::dance::clap:
http://eldoradovegas.com/

They used to cater our company functions at my old job. No one was upset when the Production Administrator said we'd be getting stripper tacos again. Also I was just there for a meeting last week. As our PA said "there's no connecting door so you don't have to worry about glitter!"

To step it up next time you could go to the El Dorado Cantina. To get there just drive to the Sapphire strip club, park in their parking lot, get out and walk towards the entrance of the strip club, and veer left at the last minute towards the door with the Dia de los Muertos style skull painted around it. For obvious reasons everyone I know calls it stripper tacos, but they're actually really good.
Wow! You weren't kidding about the veer left at the last minute.
El Dorado Cantina.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back