Tascam DM-24

jkowtko

(I figure I'd start a new thread to make it easier to find info on specific boards ...)

In looking at entry-level digital board options, in the used market I found the Tascam DM-24 as a less expensive alternative to the Yamaha 01v96.

On looking at the documentation, and specifically the v2 firmware capabilities, this board looks like it's pretty full-featured. If I can pick one of these up for $1000 used, is it worth getting this vs paying almost twice as much for the 01v96? (In fact, someone is selling one locally on Craigslist with the MX-2424 multi-track recorder, asking $1500 for the pair).

Does anyone out there have experience with this board?

Any specific deficiencies when compared with the 01v96 for a live performance environment?

Do you know why Tascam discontinued this model and is only selling the higher end boards?

Thanks. John

Do you know why Tascam discontinued this model and is only selling the higher end boards?
The DM-24 sold for $2000 new.
These "high end" mixers they sell now are $2900 from a national dealer.
Less if you know a nice dealer.
If you ever have anyone in to mix on the rig I can guarantee that you won't find one listed on the rider.
There are a reason they are not industry standard like the Yamaha.
Just bite the bullet and get the 01V96 v2 with the Behringer ULTRAGAIN PRO-8 DIGITAL ADA8000.
Yes, I recommended a Behringer product.
(this is the only one)

Our sound department had a DM-24. It was used primarily for studio work. It died, and it wasn't even that old. I am going to agree with avkid on this one, get the Yamaha. You will be able to find your way around it easy, and when you need the advanced features, they will be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back