Tascam portastudio

Dustincoc

proxy.php

Anyone ever use one?

Last edited:
found it and I'm using it

Those were made way back when, basically a recording studio in a box for any choir director that wanted to record something. The outputs I remember were very limited.

In the what? !970's these were pretty close of SOTA for portable recording gear. Tascam used to be pretty much top of the heap with Nakamichi. Why use it now when almost any alternative will get you a better recording. Multi track Mini disc machines aren't that expensive.

TALK ABOUT SHOWING OUR AGE ;-)

These were the low end of the home studio era, the local aspiring band

In this vintage these are really obsolete, but during this era, Teac made a 4 track reel to reel, and Revox made an excellent reel to reel. While these cassette based systems were used quite a bit, they are really not up to anything today, They rapidly were either replaced by multi track reel to reel as I said from teac or Fostex, or not all the much later by the early adat systems

Sharyn

I just need to record a couple of sound effect in the theatre. It's either use this, a cassette deck, or track down some mini-disks to go to an old mini-disk player that I have no idea if it works.

I just need to record a couple of sound effect in the theatre. It's either use this, a cassette deck, or track down some mini-disks to go to an old mini-disk player that I have no idea if it works.

Has wal-mart stopped selling minidisc? Its been a few years since I have bought them, but Wally world used to sell blanks back when. I would try to do anything I could to avoid recording onto tape, even if it comes down to doing a laptop mic.

Do you still have BetaMax in Australia?:lol:
MiniDisc never really caught on in North America.

Actually nor in Australia, but the Theatre Industry in the UK loved them. When I came home I brought a mini disc player and a number of blank discs. I am now reduced to buying blanks on e-bay or equivalent but I still use them when I'm not using a laptop. I prefer minidisc to burning CD's for sound effects or background music because MD is so easy to edit but I still mostly use my laptop with a cue playing system on it.

Actually nor in Australia, but the Theatre Industry in the UK loved them. When I came home I brought a mini disc player and a number of blank discs. I am now reduced to buying blanks on e-bay or equivalent but I still use them when I'm not using a laptop. I prefer minidisc to burning CD's for sound effects or background music because MD is so easy to edit but I still mostly use my laptop with a cue playing system on it.

Just about every theatre that I have been in has a player, if not two. As far as pick up speed, you could not beat them. Also the ability to edit on the fly as far as timing went was a huge win. Before PC playback, it was far better then CD. The fact that most came standard with autopause was huge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back