TASCAM X48

magenta

Hello all...

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to rectify this issue with my X48.
Last night during the show the tracks went berserk...
First it did a hiccup and stopped for a second that threw off the singer on stage...
Next thing it did, the segment of the track went on a loop of sorts and the tracks on the screen
turned black from green...
the good thing was it was still sending signal to the Expression lighting board...
The hiccup made me think.."ah this thing might crash" well it did!
so I synched the audio at 13:44 of the show with my office computer's windows media player
which was hooked up to the Allen&Heath
when it finally looped the segment of the song I switched over to the Windows player.

At the end of the show, I rebooted the X48 and saw a prompt saying I am missing parts of the tracks.
I went to the "audio pool" to re-link the missing parts but that option on the menu wasn't
available.

HELP!!!!

The X48 is nothing but a computer disguised as audio hardware. It will have the same problems as any other computer, such as file corruptions, hard drive failures, fragmentation, etc. The difference is that, unlike a computer, it probably doesn't have the same facilities for recovering from problems and maintenance. Sorry, I cannot answer your real question.

Yeah... I think the company I work for got screwed with this equipment! I mean who needs all these bells and whistles to use just two tracks for backing the show plus SMPTE! It was a bit pricey for what it does. We could have gone the minidisc or a simple CD route. Somebody made money somewhere I guess. The previous production company at least used 5 tracks for the shows. Thanks for the response though. I'll just ask for the tracks and re-import the audio files. Thanks again.

I highly doubt anyone here has even touched an X48, much less has one. I've only used it a couple of times but I know it's a finicky machine. Post your question on the Remote Possibilities forum at Gearslutz.com and I'm sure you will get some good responses from actual users/owners. Good luck!

the tracks went black as opposed to the regular green tracks...

IMG_2010.JPG
IMG_2006.JPG

The very first thing I would do is check to make sure the firmware is up to date. I have read of a lot of problems and most seem to be fixed (at least partially) by firmware updates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back