TD job in Mukwonago, WI

JulieH

Attachments

• Mukwonago PAC Tech Coordinator Job Description.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 8
Salary range is likely $30K - $40K depending on experience.

Thanks for adding this Julie. Not sure what you'll get for candidates. What you're asking for is a skilled facility director who can be a mentor to students, interface with district staff, build community partnerships, facilitate and negotiate rentals, and be the single person responsible for the safety and operation of the venue.

If you look at other schools in the area such as Oconomowoc, Franklin, Muskego, etc., I believe you will find that these positions routinely involve 60+ hour weeks. Between daily school operations, rehearsals, performances, turnover between events, and prep work advancing rentals, it is not uncommon for this to be a 6- or 7-day a week position. If you reach out to Michael Duncan, the artistic director at Oconomowoc, I'm sure he will be glad to share with you the time investment on his part and the parts of other individuals who contributed to getting Oconomowoc's arts center off of the ground and financially into the black over the last 10 years. I imagine Steve Krause at Franklin will echo that sentiment.

I have passed this salary info onto 2 qualified individuals I would recommend for this position. Both have decided not to apply because of this compensation range. I would encourage the district to reevaluate their compensation level for this position and reassess the value it brings to the district and the community to be able to hire the right individual to spearhead the management of this facility.

Thanks for adding this Julie. Not sure what you'll get for candidates. What you're asking for is a skilled facility director who can be a mentor to students, interface with district staff, build community partnerships, facilitate and negotiate rentals, and be the single person responsible for the safety and operation of the venue.

If you look at other schools in the area such as Oconomowoc, Franklin, Muskego, etc., I believe you will find that these positions routinely involve 60+ hour weeks. Between daily school operations, rehearsals, performances, turnover between events, and prep work advancing rentals, it is not uncommon for this to be a 6- or 7-day a week position. If you reach out to Michael Duncan, the artistic director at Oconomowoc, I'm sure he will be glad to share with you the time investment on his part and the parts of other individuals who contributed to getting Oconomowoc's arts center off of the ground and financially into the black over the last 10 years. I imagine Steve Krause at Franklin will echo that sentiment.

I have passed this salary info onto 2 qualified individuals I would recommend for this position. Both have decided not to apply because of this compensation range. I would encourage the district to reevaluate their compensation level for this position and reassess the value it brings to the district and the community to be able to hire the right individual to spearhead the management of this facility.

Hi, Mike,

I have mentioned this already to the administration and continue to help educate them for the reasons you mentioned. Keep in mind that this role is not to run the facility as we already have a PAC manager (me). This person is solely in charge of running tech, and while that carries its own large workload, this person is not expected to be directing the whole facility.

I also know the folks in the districts you mentioned, and have a feeling it will take our own district a year or two (or lack of applicants) before all parties fully start to understand the demands upon PAC staff. Still, I am hoping the opportunity to work tech in a new facility and the chance to help shape and influence the events of the community will be the right opportunity for someone. It's a good community with a lot of opportunity for someone to grow in the field, so we'll see.

Hi, Mike,

I have mentioned this already to the administration and continue to help educate them for the reasons you mentioned. Keep in mind that this role is not to run the facility as we already have a PAC manager (me). This person is solely in charge of running tech, and while that carries its own large workload, this person is not expected to be directing the whole facility.

I also know the folks in the districts you mentioned, and have a feeling it will take our own district a year or two (or lack of applicants) before all parties fully start to understand the demands upon PAC staff. Still, I am hoping the opportunity to work tech in a new facility and the chance to help shape and influence the events of the community will be the right opportunity for someone. It's a good community with a lot of opportunity for someone to grow in the field, so we'll see.
@JulieH @MNicolai Skillfully worded by a true PAC manager and up 'n coming politician.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back