Teatronics Producer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

danhr

Hello all- my company has come into possession of a Teatronics Producer II- DIRT cheap, with a flight case. However it is not operational- powers up, DMX is feeding out but no control of any channel, and random channels go to full on power up. Also the programming section displays are dead, though clearing the patches using that section clears the full on channels. I have 2 questions- 1) is this veteran worth saving and 2) where should I head for service to this unit? I have an email in to their site but I thought I'd ask here as well.......thanks!

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on the eBay unit and also see what I hear on service. We paid next to nothing for it so we have some wiggle room for repairs.

Thanks for the response. I contacted your company at the time of the first post and they gave me a rough quote and shipping info- however we are just starting out and the budget won't allow it just now. I hope soon to be able to get the old gal running- she's perfect for our theater.

Thanks for the response. I contacted your company at the time of the first post and they gave me a rough quote and shipping info- however we are just starting out and the budget won't allow it just now. I hope soon to be able to get the old gal running- she's perfect for our theater.

I wouldn't spend too much on fixing it, but it really is a great board for what it is. Built very well and extremely reliable. There's a Producer II+ at my high school for backup (superceded by horizon (YUCK) then an Ion)- it has saved our bacon more times than I can count when the other controllers have crashed.

From personal experience, I'm not a big fan of the Teatronics stuff. I wouldn't spend a whole lot on it. If, for some reason, you like this board and want to keep it, you may want to grab one on eBay and use yours for parts. There's a Producer II on there right now:

*** NO RESERVE ** Teatronics Producer II Stage Lighting Control Board | eBay

DR. Pinto,

If you have issues with Teatronics we would prefer that you please call us to discuss it rather than make public comments without any detail that might have a possible negative effect on our employees livelihoods.

WOW! Thats now way to act Teatronics! As for danhr, There not a bad board at all. Good for a dimmer only app. I have had one for over 10 years and still kicking. As we have moved into intels Im in need of something more and will be selling mine soon

Wow Teatronics. I can't believe that an established company would make a post like that on a public forum. You can't tell someone not to express their opinion about your company just because you find it disagreeable! DrPinto did not claim, "Oh, don't buy Teatronics products because they are faultily made." He was simply expressing his opinion based on personal experience. He didn't tell anyone else what decision to make. He simply made a public comment about his experience with your products. You wouldn't yell at him if he said, "Teatronics products are amazing!! I've used them for years and I absolutely love them!" Imagine if a company like McDonald's went on a public forum and chastised a user for stating, "I went to my local McDonald's today and the french fries I purchased were undesirable." I'm sorry if negative publicity is something you do not wish your company to be associated with, but you can't control individuals who are free to express their opinions, whether it be perceived as favorable or unfavorable by your company. I empathize with your employees for working in a career that is subject to a business atmosphere, where a job is not guaranteed no matter what a company's financial performance. Yet, this is no excuse your company's behavior. It is my strong OPINION that you owe DrPinto an apology for your previous comment.

I'm going to close this thread at this point. The original poster asked two questions: "Is the console worth saving and where should he go for repair". Those questions were answered nearly 4 months ago. At this point the only thing that can come of this thread is a flame war, which will not be tolerated.

CB allows respectful disagreement and negative comments about products as long as they aren't rude, irrational, or come without a reasonable knowledge of the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back