Tech in Texas (...no, not in Lubbock)

WestlakeTech

I live in Texas and hope to pursue a career in Technical Theater and therefore study it in college. I'd like to go to an in-state university because outta state is just too expensive for my family; so I was wondering if you guys would happen to recommend any Texas colleges for their Tech Theatre programs. I've heard that Texas at Austin is good, but that undergrads don't get much hands-on experience. I've got a teacher that went to Texas State and suggests it, but that was back in the early '90s and I don't quite know how much is changed. I plan to visit a few colleges, but again, if any of you are familiar with a good Texas university, please reply here or PM me.

Thanks,
WestlakeTech

Oof, I know it's awfully late, but there are a few good schools. I know some good people who have come out of UNT, UTAustin is good too. I am currently at SMU, which is expensive, but good for some people. PM me if you have any questions. I have a lot of...opinions on SMU.

From the people I've met here in Dallas, Texas state and Sam houston both seem to be pretty good programs. Don't know any details though.

I know a couple grads from Texas State who talk about how great their program was. And UT Austin has a really great program, however, like you said, you don't get all that much hands on experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back