Techie sayings

cruiser said:
if you leave lecky tape on too long it seems to go a bit crappy when you pull it off.... and masking tape is just pure evil.... anyone who puts masking tape on one of my desks will have masking tape put where they dont want it :p

There's a 100% plastic tape that isn't standard electrical that doesn't leave goo upon removal; we had a small roll of it at AHS when I was there. NFI where it came from though.

we have a few...

get off your a$$es and work!

dont get paint on your blacks

and before our performances all the tech presents the show in "dolby surround sound" including the dooo thing. :lol:

Dean said:
"F$$$ with me - and you'll be dancing in the dark"

THATS GREAT!!!!

One of the actors always jokes with me about not doing enough work (because i'm always running around doing everything). Thats my new come-back!!!!

and if someone is serious and bothers me, but most of my actors are good to me (notice I say MY actors.... lol)

THANK YOU!!!!

I once had an LD who gave a "preshow pep talk"

he said:

"Dont f*** up, my 500$ scholarship is hanging on this show"

haha

~Garen

my bosses was similar to that-

you F*** up and i'll take it out of your hide and then hang you by your b***s from the grid- needless to say- i have yet to screw up

These are all great, some of my personal favorites are "Techies do it in the dark" , and "The Five Rules for screwing. 1) Always wear protection. 2)Make the correct connection, battery with drill. 3) Keep the drill straight and level. 4) Push Hard 5) Have a great time.

Marine Corps Motto: Semper Fidelis - Always Faitful
Un-Officieal Marine Corps and theater tech motto: Semper Gumbie - Always Flexible
Marine way of getting by: False Motivation, Lots of complaining when happiest but don't try slamming my place or picking on my brother.
Tech person way of getting thru the day without getting in trouble for knowing better: False Motivation, Lots of complaining when happiest but don't try slamming my place or picking on my brother.

Simularities I have found.

Here are a couple more that I have just found recently that I thought would be good to share.

TV is Furnature, Film is Art, Theatre is Life.

This on doesnt really apply to theatre becuase it promotes bad work ethics but it is humourous so here goes.

If at first you dont succeceed, give up there is no reason to be bull headed about it!!

RJ
Rock Springs Wy.

miniwyo said:
Here are a couple more that I have just found recently that I thought would be good to share.

TV is Furnature, Film is Art, Theatre is Life.

This on doesnt really apply to theatre becuase it promotes bad work ethics but it is humourous so here goes.

If at first you dont succeceed, give up there is no reason to be bull headed about it!!

RJ
Rock Springs Wy.
here is another saying from cathedral high school indianapolis.

"Life's a bitch and so is sorting screws" haha i love it

|
\/

"Techies do it in the dark and don't stop til the audience applauds"
"If all the world's a stage then I want better lighting!"
"A stage manager is never late, nor are they early, they arrive exactly at the right time... Just like a wizard!" -- said by the stage manager ;)

And then of course there's :
"Lord, grant me the Serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to hide the bodies of those actors....
... I just had to kill cause they pissed me off."

And the stage manager's prayer :
"May those that love us, love us
And to those that don't, may God turn their hearts
And if He can't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles.
So that we may know them by their limping."

Here's a new one I started saying recently:

That was completely intentional...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back