Techie sayings

our new one's...

(ya just gotta yell this one as loud as you can with a smile) WHAT ARE YA DOING!?!?

when something goes wrong during a show here's what you hear over the headsets..) oh $hit. techie f*ck up, techie f*uk up.

that's great

here's my personal favorite....
you all ways get heads to turn with this one....

(if someone asks you to do something... and you eigther don't want to explain or don't know yet--) PFM

Pure F*ucking Magic!

My universal solution to every problem I can't solve:

Fly it.

It's only funny because I have no flys at school and crappy sandbag hemp rope flys at work!

So every once in a while a few days before opening night for Wiz of Oz:

"Ryan, how can we get this house at a slant without breaking it after we move it across the stage?"

"Fly it."

Very fun show! Still programming it a week after opening to iron out the bugs from the other three LDs! That reminds me, I hope nobody shut the board off because I forgot to save my changes. :x Oh crap... :cry:

"This is why we can't have nice things"

Thats whats said whenever someone does stupid things or beaks something.

one i know is "knock on particle board!"

my friend said this at the community theater cause we didnt have any wood to knock on.

3D (Derek D. Deiterman)

My favorite:
"Gravity - Not just a good idea, its a law".

Attributed to an old co worker in St. Louis. I use it often.

SJM

One i have just heard muttered recently and i have taken a personal liking to is "Just because I serve you doesnt mean I like you"

we have this posted on our stage door:
Prayer of the Tech Week

Lord,
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things that I cannot change,
the Courage
to change the things I can,
and the Wisdom
to hide the bodies of those actors
I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Amen.

and:
Stupid mistakes are made by others; we only make unadvoidable errors.

after the show we all go down to the dressing rooms with the actors. we stand in the door way and the guys yell" i wanna dip my balls in it!!" the girls say "i wanna dip my boobs in it!!' it goes back and forth for awhile. im not sure how that one started.....

Freeky.

sayings

All the opera geeks used to say somethin' like "Il boca de lupo." Which I'm told means "in the mouth of the wolf." It's foriegn so it makes ya seem smart, and it's italian so...yeah I guess that's good, too.

So, why in the mouth of the wolf?
1. When you are already in the mouth of the wolf, it can't get much worse.

2. When you are in the mouth of the wolf, if you just play it cool maybe she won't bite down? (Animal Face-off fans unite)

Heck, I dunno...opera geeks.

"Life is short, opera is long."

Big Gorilla

we're screeeeeeeeewwwwwweeeeeeddddddd!

im sure its in here somewhere, but since the post is 7 pages, and i dont really remember everything in it, our preshow well wishing is usually "dont screw up" or "crap i wish i had more time to prepare for this" sometimes if were in a good mood and have prepped alot a "good luck" might come out, but usually its the other two

jorno67 said:
"Safety third!
budget and deadline are first and second."

For me it's budget, safety, deadline.
Unfortunately, bugeting is like the trigger on a gun:
You can't budge-it with the safety, and without the safety you make the deadline. Or something like that. Poor attempt at a joke.

Preshow speech on opening night of Wiz of Oz:
"Are they done programming the cues yet?!"

i often say to my younger crew members: "Shut up and work"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back