"Shhhh MathaF***a"
"There are boats on ships."
"We make you look pretty, you just say what some old guy tells you."
"Can we learn to close a door quietly?"
"Don't sweat the petty things and certainly don't pet the sweaty things."
"Always use a condom...on the body mics."
"Always use protection...use a safety cable"
"Rich people have rounded steps."

If you use condoms, first of all, be sure to buy extra heavy duty ones, the ones that you can't feel anything through, and buy lots. One show I worked on had about 30 channels of wireless (outdoor production) and so the mics would come back with the condoms half ripped off.

also do not send a blond female alone to get said large amounts of condoms. Our ASM said she had some creeper follow her out to her car when she bought out our local grocery store.

also do not send a blond female alone to get said large amounts of condoms. Our ASM said she had some creeper follow her out to her car when she bought out our local grocery store.

Just not at night. We usually ordered multiple grosses of condoms and assorted... other... shall we say, items... Generally sent the two most awkward people out to get them.

One match would really improve this scenery.
We tried taking the set to the dump but they turned us away.

Excuse me, Im painting the set with gasoline. Back in an hour.

I realize I'm a little late to this parade and quite honestly I haven't, as yet, gone through all of the pages to this, but just the other Opening Night someone was up in the Booth and asked, 'What does one say say to the Techs for 'Good Luck' and the 1st words out of my mouth were 'Blow a fuse!'.

I just had to share.

Our crew recently developed a fascination with the Muppets, as when we panic it looks like a Muppet dancing. (Arms flailing, mouth open in a silent scream etc.) Therefore our pre-show head set check ends with "No mas Muppets, no mas"

I've become fond of this one.

"Stop bleeding all over my stuff. Sinks that way..."

One of the reasons I don't like working props.

we have a few at church that we use

AV Team Coordinator: "if it dont work the first time, try it again, if it still doesnt thats what a brain is for." "screw up once, shame on you, screw up twice, go run laps."

Qoutes from HS

"The pit is not for goofing around in gentleman, but its funny to see people crawling in the bays"

"The reason they call it the booth is because thats where the snacks are."

"If you have ever walked around in here (auditorium) and heard a noise, you have met the friendly theater ghost, although sometimes he's not so friendly."

ours hangs out above the bathrooms. literally scares the poop out of ya.:rolleyes:

hahaha thats funny right there

(goes to bathroom and comes back) have you heard that rattling in the air vent lately lol :)

My boss's words of wisdom and encouragement before each service? "Okay, everybody, don't suck."

This is just one of the many reasons we tell our pastors to never, ever listen in on the coms.

My boss's words of wisdom and encouragement before each service? "Okay, everybody, don't suck."

This is just one of the many reasons we tell our pastors to never, ever listen in on the coms.

Haha thats funny right there.

"What's this button do." "If you touch it, you die by my hand." "This equipment is worth more then the pain you'll recieve from the A/V Tech if you enter this room" (Sign on theater booth door.)

Youth Band Member "can you fix my mic, it doesnt seem to fit on my head." Me "Ok ill be right back with some duct tape, scissors, rubberbands and a camera." YBM "Wait what do you need duct tape for?" Me "oh im sorry did i say duct tape i meant masking tape thanks for correcting me, be right back" YBM starts looking at our Youth Director whos trying really hard not to laugh.

"If you can turn a knob or a move a slider on a sound board, good for you, i just might not break your hands yet before we make a tech out of you."

"Always remember when working on a board, the fader never touches the top unless its God talking."

When in booth during HS

(Person walking up the booth, hear door trying to be opened), "unless you want to be put under this floor right here and now like the others, i suggest you stop right now, turn around and walk away with your life."

Overhearing two students trying to see inside the booth, to them "Do you guys know what a Sound or Light board operator is." Students: "no" Me "Well then your lucky cause i happen to be an A/V Technician meaning i do both of those positions and unless you want to feel lucky, that equipment is worth more then your heads to the somewhat friendly theater ghost, and im not sure when its been since he's last had a sacrifice." :)

While giving tours of the booth to the Intro to Theater classes, "Now this is called the booth, it is where we control the lights and sound from, over here we have the light board and over there we have the sound board. Now there is one thing i am going to tell you all when you enter the booth, unless you have actual theater experience, do not touch anything on those boards unless told to by the tech, or we might just have to make some sacrifices to the theater ghost and he's been kind of hungry since the last school year." :) scared the crap out of them hilarious!!!

Last edited:
A new take on a popular saying (culled from FB).

stagehands.jpg

Probably on here already but I don't remember seeing it.

"You can have a set 2 of 3 ways Cheap, On Time, or Pretty. Choose you two."

Posted from the SML with permission:

"Salzberg's Theory of Pizza: It is better to have pizza you don't want than to want pizza you don't have." -Jeff Salzberg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back