Technical Theatre Scholarships

carsonld

I am a high school senior located in Oklahoma and plan to go to college for lighting design. I was wondering if anyone knew of any technical theatre scholarships that are around?

You should check with the school you wish to attend. They often have scholarships directly through their programs which will not be listed nationally.

Also go through everything at financial aid, it will take you a long time but it is well worth it. When I was an undergrad I got a scholarship from the Theatre Department and an Academic Scholarship. On top of that I went through every possible thing I could apply for at financial aid. It could have been a $50, $200, $600 etc scholarship but after you go through everything it will add up. This helped immensely when I was done in school and owed way less than my peers. Also do not take out loans for frivolous stuff, like spring break trips. Use loans for direct academic need, also as lame as it sounds if you can live with your parents instead of the dorms, do it!

Also do not take out loans for frivolous stuff, like spring break trips. Use loans for direct academic need, also as lame as it sounds if you can live with your parents instead of the dorms, do it!

Getting off topic, but with the current state of student debt in this country, this is sound advice. Why cripple yourself before you get past the starting gate? Get all the free money you can. It can get tiring researching/applying for scholarships, but stick with it. More money in your pocket down the road...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back