technobeam controller question

muvment

Can a HES technobeam controller capable of handling any fixtures besides technobeams (and trackspots)? More specifically, the Martin Mac 250s?

Doubt it but not sure.

this one

proxy.php

You just posted the same thing I did, but in a case.

Intellabeam, Trackspot, and Emulator fixtures only.

Last edited:
You just posted the same thing I did, but in a case.
Intellabeam, Trackspot, and Emulator fixtures only.

oops, sorry. Your link went to the HES universal controller, but your pic is, in fact, the technobeam controller.

The universal controller controls only the Intellabeam, Trackspot, and Emulator fixtures.
My best guess would be that the Technobeam controller controls just that, Technobeams.

The High End controllers use a different protocol other than DMX. Thusly they cannot control anything other than high end fixtures.

Can the technobeam specific controller really run trackspots?
Doubtful, the universal controller can run both, but the unit specific one highly doubt it. Back before consoles could actually handle these fixtures properly, high end made a controller for nearly every fixture, each could only run that fixture. They made them for the studio colors as well as the scanners. The only place you see them anymore is in some clubs. Each speak their own language, and its not even close to DMX. If I remember right, you have to tell the fixture you have it hooked up to a controller so it listens correctly. Also the controllers for the specific fixture only had buttons for that fixture and there was no way to tell it do to anything different. It would be interesting to try, but you could get your gobo to spin when you change the color on the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back