Tele-Q Ring multiple phones!

So I have a tele Q on order, and I want to use it specifically for ringing multiple phones, likely two or three, and so Im building the box that the website has the schematic for (Tele-Q: Operating Telephones for Stage and Screen.
I wanted to know if anyone else has made this box, and if so, could they send me a picture of the inside? I have the parts and am nearly done with the build, but im not entirely sure its right. Thanks, y'all!
Mike Farmer

So I have a tele Q on order, and I want to use it specifically for ringing multiple phones, likely two or three, and so Im building the box that the website has the schematic for (Tele-Q: Operating Telephones for Stage and Screen.
I wanted to know if anyone else has made this box, and if so, could they send me a picture of the inside? I have the parts and am nearly done with the build, but im not entirely sure its right. Thanks, y'all!
Mike Farmer

And really, any advice, tidbits or general knowledge about the device would be immensely helpful!

I did a few years back, but the box is at my old theatre. As I recall, it wasn't a hard build. I'd just test it and see if it works!

Didn't even know this existed. I have worked at many places that just bought multiple tele-qs. Good back pocket knowledge.

...... Something involving tapatalk.......

We took a sine wave sound file, edited it for the ring length we wanted (2 seconds on, 2 seconds off IIRC). Played it out of an unused aux into an unused monitor amp channel, and fed it to a telephone ringer. One should be able to drive a boatload of telephones with a poweramp. (We put in an a USB stick and used the LS9's media player to play it. We turned it on/off with a UDK.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back