Teleprompter Software

Lextech

Does anyone know of a good, free/cheap Teleprompter software? I don't need to invert, I am looking for something that I can scroll as needed. I prefer Windows, as that is what the Director is use to and he is running it, but could be Mac or IOS also. Any suggestions would be appreciated since the one I found and downloaded went and installed malware on my computer....

do you have access to an Ipad or Tablet? If so there are many apps available!

I've used ProPrompter, and it works well

Reviving a dead thread for an updated look at Prompter software. We currently have Flip-Q and interestingly enough are not having a great time with it, 9 years later.

The windows version is antiquated and clunky. We just realized there's a Mac version that appears to be better supported but we're having trouble getting our license to stay registered and running it on a USB stick prevents the use of the jog wheel.

So in 2023, anyone have a favorite desktop/laptop teleprompter program?

There's one built into the upper tier levels of Central Control; worth looking to see if the other stuff it provides would justify the price -- though perhaps that's lower than other solutions to begin with.

Last edited:
What's your budget and how often do you need to use it? I am of course biased by my work in Broadcasting so we use an enterprise level Prompting Solution from AutoScript, but iKan has some great entry level budget friendly options from software all the way through full hardware solutions.

We use it with camera mount more frequently than the lectern setup, but we do frequently film talking head stuff.

We got the Flip-Q license from Prompter People after purchasing their hardware for camera and lectern this past year. Their product and support has been great, so I'm not exactly sure why we're hitting walls with the software side. We're working through that with them, but I wanted to also see what else was out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back