Telex BTR-800 Worth It Now?

Edrick

Premium Member
So although Telex still has it listed as a main product on their site, it seems that it's no longer sold?
I got a base unit BTR-800 and I'm wondering is it even worth getting it setup for use in a small studio setup? It seems semi difficult to find matching frequency belt packs.

Can the Beltpacks be re-programmed in any fashion or are you stuck buying packs in the grouping of the base station?

In my situation it's an A2 group

So what's the current view of this product is it worth using if getting belt packs cheap enough?

It looks like the RX frequencies are in the spectrum that was sold off? 632.1-649.9
So is the product line basically useless / should it even be sold for parts in the US?

Last edited:
It's not a simple "just reprogram it" - the receive side needs to have the circuitry fully swapped to work, and then you'd have to change the transmit side on the beltpacks. The only BTR systems with any value at the current time are the E88 models. You could eke out a pack or two of H1 and F1 because the 1 Rx is in the guard band, and F3 and H3 have the 3 Rx in the duplex gap, but I wouldn't put any effort into a BTR system at the present time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back