Telex PS-1

bdkdesigns

Fight Leukemia
I'm currently unable to find that this product even existed. I've got a Telex PS-1 which is a portable power station and I'm currently sitting at 3 stations. I'm trying to upgrade to 6 stations and see if the power supply can even support it. This is not to be confused with the PS-1F (which I also have randomly lying around). All of my searches have come up with nothing and I have been unable to get a hold of anyone at Telex. I'd prefer to not have to buy a new power station if I can.

I've also thought about converting the PS-1F into a portable station if I had to, however I'm finding conflicting info from Telex on what it can support. I've seen an older manual that states it can support 25 beltpacks, the newer one from the website says 5 beltpacks, while the product description on it's main page says 4 beltpacks.

How odd, they don't have any documentation either. I wish the info on the back of the unit wasn't rubbed off so I could do the math myself. The person I talked to "thinks" that I should be fine but isn't sure. I guess I'll add a new power station to my proposal and say that it might be necessary if it doesn't work when the extra beltpacks arrive.

Well, I found a theatre around here that uses Telex as well and found at that it will at least handle 6 Beltpacks. I carted my system over to them and they had 3 that were not in use at the time I was there.

I just took over as a facility manager for an old theater. I want a headset communications system but instead of being given a budget, was told that the place has 1 and that I should try resurrecting that. The only equipment I see is a telex PS-1, telex FMR-2, telex AAT-1 and a couple of "stations" that headsets can be plugged into. Since you guys seem to know what you're talking about maybe you can answer these questions for me:
1- what headsets can I buy (used/cheap) that will plug into these 4 wire XLR plugs?
2- would they be open channel intercom or PTT (1 person speaks at a time)?
3- what wireless units can I buy to add to this system?

Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back