Wireless Telex Radiocom Wireless Headsets

Greywolf

Anyone who deals with Telex Radiocom Wireless Headsets know the polarization of the base's transmitter? Because last night while I was working a show I noticed that the signal of the headset was vastly improved by simply holding the wire antennas out horizontally rather than letting them hang vertically as they are supposed to do... Anyone know, or noticed the same thing?

Anyone who deals with Telex Radiocom Wireless Headsets know the polarization of the base's transmitter? Because last night while I was working a show I noticed that the signal of the headset was vastly improved by simply holding the wire antennas out horizontally rather than letting them hang vertically as they are supposed to do... Anyone know, or noticed the same thing?
A better received signal may, or may not, indicate the polarity of the transmit antenna. That's because the signal reflects from a great many objects on it's way to you, and polarity can change unpredictably.

Having said that, the antenna on the base can simply spin around the coax connector to any orientation so it's impossible to tell without looking at it.

Did the improvement you noticed remain consistent no matter where you went in the building? I would expect different areas to behave differently as far as antenna position.

-Laryn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back