Ten Little Indians Tracks

Schniapereli

Our school is putting on "Ten Little Indians" (or "And Then There Were None") in our "little theatre". I have been looking for some tracks to use. We need eerie music towadrs the beginning of the show, and gradually creepier music towards the end of the show, with maybe a hint of intensity.

I went to the city library to see what they recommend, but they just gave me little kid's cd's for halloween, and stuff like Harry Potter and March to the Scaffold.

I am looking for music that is kinda out of place, and not too big. Tracks I like so far are from Bram Stoker's "Dracula" (Mina's Photo particularly) and also the opening music from Orson Welles' "Citizen Kane". I want to find more stuff like that, or like Howard Shore's music from "The Game".

Any suggestions? Good soundtracks or good places to look?

Thanks

Gustav Mahler has got some creepy music, in his Repertoire. Carl Orffs Carmina Burana has some spooky tracks on it. Just don't use O' Fortuna, as everyone over uses it and it's become too recognizable. Rimzi-Korsakov A Night on Bare Mountain, is another piece that has a lot of eerie movements in it. If you can cut and paste chunks you might be able to get around some of the more familiar phrases of the piece. try a random search for Therimin music too. The Therimin in the spooky B-movie warbly whistle-ly thing.

Check out "a passage in time" by Dead can dance. Actualy any dead can dance is creepy.
jh
Good call...

Look at the Darnie Darko soundtrack....and Glenn Danzig's Black Aria

I've been looking at donnie darko, but I've never heard of dead can't dance or black aria. They sound nice and dark and demonic. I don't know if my library will hold that, but I can look for it online.

Thanks y'all

Everyone should own Black Aria...and Donnie Darko..well I don't own it but I probably should. Dead Can Dance just rocks...creepey but not as demonic as Black Aria. http://kabish.com/adrian/dead_can_dance/discography.php?album=into_the_labyrinth I personally recomend The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove from that album.

You might also look at some VAST...may be a little too rock and roll for what you're doing but he's got some heavier stuff as well.

Anotomica the String Quartet Tribute to Tool has its creepey moments...

Loreena McKennit...Not overly creepey but in the same vein as DCD

The instrumental Crow Soundtracks...

Old School Enigma...

Some of the stuff on the Samurai Champloo Soundtrack might work

((got home and looked through my cd collection))

Anything by Laurie Anderson is scary , but not necessarily apropo'

:twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back