Hello,
I was looking for some advice on a tension block problem I have been having with my main curtain. very recently and within a very short time frame the tension block on my main curtain is capable of being lifted by simply pulling the rear line out toward the operator. I have inspected the system and cannot find anything that can reliably be the culprit. does anyone have any suggestions about what could possibly cause the tension block to not lock into place?

What manufacturer? Track guided I would assume. How old is the System?

Not an uncommon problem since the shift from fibre to umhw shoes 20+ years ago. I specify fiber still, but increasingly with synthetic handline, like a fixed block, but then I don't pull out enough line to turn around.

Clean the track and shoes, tighten, and if that doesn't work replace the show with a steel plate. I'd guess the shoe has just worn enough that it no longer bites the track. Last, assuming you have synthetic line, just fasten it down.

I had initially thought wear on the fiber shoe to be the problem. I replaced it with one from an unused line set (someone installed a tension block right next to My winched first electric is on for some crazy reason). That did not fix the issue, but I did not clean the track. Also, How tight should the shoes be? I tightened them down as tight as a could given the tools, but I am fairly certain that if i got in there with a larger wrench I could get another quarter to half turn. I was only using standard sized sockets to tighten it. I had thought that maybe I could sand down the central fiber piece of the assembly and tighten the gap. however if the wear is the problem roughing it up on the outer fiber pieces might be a better idea.

Are these a milky colored plastic or the orangy multi layer fiberous material?

If you don't use the floating block, it doesn't matter how tight. Just cut a piece of 2X4 to fit between the block and bottom bumper.

Call Dan Culhane at SECOA and I'm sure he can explain it better than I along with fixes. Use my name if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back