Testing rechargeable headphones

Hi friends, this may be a little outside the realm of this board, but I thought maybe someone might have some good ideas. We use rechargeable lithium ion battery operated headphones. Sometimes they sit un-used for a few months and we're trying to develop a testing protocol to test the battery within the unit before using them and having them fail. I know a full cycle testing scenario would be best, but it's too time consuming to do with the number of units we have. Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi friends, this may be a little outside the realm of this board, but I thought maybe someone might have some good ideas. We use rechargeable lithium ion battery operated headphones. Sometimes they sit un-used for a few months and we're trying to develop a testing protocol to test the battery within the unit before using them and having them fail. I know a full cycle testing scenario would be best, but it's too time consuming to do with the number of units we have. Any ideas? Thanks!
Calling Jim@RC4

We have had the same concerns... They seem to maybe "short cycle" on first use but gain time subsequently.
I also try to get over and just take them off hook and exercise the batteries periodically while I'm working on something else.
So no testing protocol, but maybe it's vodoo... cycling them seems to keep them happier. Maybe a more sophisticated charging base wouldn't require it.
Mine are the Logitech dect h820e usb headsets.. Using them on my mumble backbone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back