TETA Laptop Software

I dunno if the way we do it is really weird then. We have people building and painting the set for a few months (4 hrs a week only mind you) for a few months before the show starts. We each don't have specific jobs but if Lights need to get done then we do lights and if a scene needs building then we build it. About a week before the play they assign crew and LD and Sound Director and everything. In about 3 days they write all the cues for the show, then the dress rehersals for 3 days, and then the show goes up. But the entire crew has been working with the sets and script and everything for a few months beforehand. The only other thing that we do on the fly is concerts and such, but for those we just figure out a basic amount of light that looks good and use the main fader to take it down and up between acts.
~Nick

Thats fine, that how we did it in my school and it s a great way to do it in school...winging stuff is more part of the "real life" kinda thing, when budgets and crews and stuff gets in the way

we only program our plays and muscials. everything else i just run off subs.

Thanks again for making this such an informative topic. I think I' just going to try and get some equiptment form my future director, when I get there.

thanks, Josh

Where can you download demo versions of the lighting programs, especially High End's and Martin's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back