The Back-to-work Workplace: Gloves, masks and sanitizers?

TimMc

Premium Member
Also posted in the Calendar section but deserving of it's own mention:

If you've watched the Industry Town Hall meeting I've previously linked to, you may remember what security consultant Michael Downing has to say: PPE will be de rigueure and limiting access, the number of workers, etc will be a significant factor. It's gonna be a different world.

I'm looking forward to the day when PPE is actually obtainable. Good luck buying hand sanitizer and masks of any kind.
This is a consideration, but the 'good news' is that most of us will have a year to get them. If anyone is working where audiences of more than a couple hundred people are needed to stay open, you'll be waiting a long time to sell tickets.

Here in the UK we're seeing things like sanitiser re-appear in the main supermarkets (soap, bog-roll, pasta, tinned veg are reappearing too) but a lot of products which are still in short supply at the supermarkets are in stock at the corner stores, and there is little mark up on price. Eggs and flour are still occasionally hard to come by

One thing which is in short supply appears to be compost, although we managed to buy 420 litres of it at the weekend, and seeds. Everyone is trying to grow their own food.

I'm looking forward to the day when PPE is actually obtainable. Good luck buying hand sanitizer and masks of any kind.
We ordered 2 large boxes of masks a week or two ago, currently scheduled to arrive sometime in June. We'll see if that holds up. We were lucky to have just stocked up pretty well as this was all starting on sanitizer and cleaning products, but even then aren't sure the stock we have will last as long as it used to. We've also already contracted a new cleaning service to do more thorough cleans on a regular basis.

Working in a shop full of foam, resins and other fumes I've been in a respirator every day since last June. I'm used to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back