The Dremel brush that never was...

dvsDave

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Senior Team
CB Mods
Fight Leukemia
Many of you know that I work in a camera shop. For many years, we had a great dremel setup with a brass end brush on a 6" shaft, it was perfect for reaching VERY corroded contacts at the far end of the AA battery compartments of most camera flashes.

Looked like this, just with a shaft twice as long. (this brush is 4" long from top to bottom)

dremel537.JPG

Now, I have SCOURED the internet looking for this brush with a longer shaft. Dremel doesn't make one, nor can I find any sort of extension shaft. However, they DID exist, we had them. I've checked McMaster Carr, and every hobby shop site I can find. I am asking for the CB community's help.

Was it a Dremel brand accessory ? Do you have a part #?

unfortunately, the boss tossed it when he ordered a replacement, but the replacement was the short one and we haven't been able to find them since.

Wow, I love that little brush...

unfortunately, the boss tossed it when he ordered a replacement, but the replacement was the short one and we haven't been able to find them since.
There's always a receipt for everything. Time to go talk to accounting.
But
I was looking for something to do today looks like I found it. I'll see what I can dig up.

I just heard back from widgetsupply.com and they didn't have anything like that. :(

You will prolly have to go through China. There's a dozen or so stores on Ali that sell end brushes. I'm sure you could get them to make a custom shaft.

I'm gonna start digging into custom fabrication shops see if something can be made stateside. I mean it's just a stainless steel shaft with a brass end brush attached it is baffling that it can't be found.

I wonder if they don't make it due to failure/breakage rate at that length *shrug*

Edit:

Email this guy from Osborn names Steve they custom/acquire/make brushes [email protected] I just got off the phone with him *thumbs up*

Last edited:
You will prolly have to go through China. There's a dozen or so stores on Ali that sell end brushes. I'm sure you could get them to make a custom shaft.

I'm gonna start digging into custom fabrication shops see if something can be made stateside. I mean it's just a stainless steel shaft with a brass end brush attached it is baffling that it can't be found.

I wonder if they don't make it due to failure/breakage rate at that length *shrug*

Edit:

Email this guy from Osborn they custom/acquire/make brushes [email protected] I just got off the phone with him *thumbs up*
Man, we really gotta get you a job :D

You check out this post?

I've been doing corporate freelancing but the downtime is killing me. I certainly did see that but I'm moving to the Phoenix area in a few weeks. The other half got a job at the zoo. So I have to look for jobs that way or just keep freelancing. Fingers crossed something pans out :0

Oh I will. CB is like my second home on the internet.

I've been doing corporate freelancing but the downtime is killing me. I certainly did see that but I'm moving to the Phoenix area in a few weeks. The other half got a job at the zoo. So I have to look for jobs that way or just keep freelancing. Fingers crossed something pans out :0
@Amiers Your other half has done such a great job caring for you, that she's now qualified to care for zoo critters?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

@Amiers Your other half has done such a great job caring for you, that she's now qualified to care for zoo critters?
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Har Har Har. She tries.

Start searching in metric. You'll get a lot more hits.

Its 50mm, but its getting closer.

https://www.banggood.com/10pcs-3mm-...el-Drill-Rust-Weld-p-996362.html?rmmds=search

I also looked into that and couldn't find anything close to 152mm. That when I went to the phone book and manufacturers and landed on Osborn.

Didn't get a chance to call today. Spend the day getting a 64" Epson P20000 printer up and running. Holy cow, is it fast! 24x36” in 2 minutes on canvas.

Didn't get a chance to call today. Spend the day getting a 64" Epson P20000 printer up and running. Holy cow, is it fast! 24x36” in 2 minutes on canvas.
Call who I gave you an email addy. I guess you could call any brush maker in the states and get what you wanted. Just gonna take a bit.

Many of you know that I work in a camera shop. For many years, we had a great dremel setup with a brass end brush on a 6" shaft, it was perfect for reaching VERY corroded contacts at the far end of the AA battery compartments of most camera flashes.

Looked like this, just with a shaft twice as long. (this brush is 4" long from top to bottom)

View attachment 15292

Now, I have SCOURED the internet looking for this brush with a longer shaft. Dremel doesn't make one, nor can I find any sort of extension shaft. However, they DID exist, we had them. I've checked McMaster Carr, and every hobby shop site I can find. I am asking for the CB community's help.
@dvsDave Have you considered googling 'images Dremel rigid extension mandrels' and looking at their rigid options for extending the reach of some of their bits? They appear to be sized and balanced to accommodate your needs and you may be able to employ more than one simultaneously if / when required. Just a thought and a seemingly available option.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back