The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

The latest in big bad flashlights

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by gafftaper, Jun 5, 2009.

1. gafftaper

gafftaper Senior Team Senior Team Fight Leukemia

Theater Manager & T.D.
    Anybody looking to upgrade their Mag? Forget Surefire!
    What about this 700 Lumen bad boy. It's 1.7" diameter X 7" long... not bad at all. Three CR123 batteries. Even has a low light 8 lumen mode perfect for back stage. Okay it is $140... but check out that case!

Alright real world. My wife would kill me and I don't need 700 lumens. If I keep the price around $30 I can have the flashlight and she will let me live... check this out! I found a review and shoot out too. Twice the output of the stock MagLED 2AA. I have to get one!

2. mnfreelancer

mnfreelancer Active Member

I have one of the latter flashlights mentioned and am not fond of it. Mine has a tendency to flicker out and die after prolonged use, regardless of battery age. The AA battery use is nice since the CR123's get expensive but I vastly prefer my innova that came in at some $45 or so.

3. NickJones

NickJones Active Member

This one is even more powerful, it's the world's most powerful handheld torch, at a massive 4100 lumen. Mind blowing, it can cook eggs (not as in scramble them and put them on toast, if it could do that it would be a must have) and melt plastic, it's $300 US, but hell, it's so awesome!
    Nick