Automated Fixtures The Martin MAC III

My random thoughts make me wonder if this is the source of the PRG/Martin patent lawsuit. Nothing as far as I have seen have said what the infringements are. Could it be because it involves two currently unannounced fixtures? Some of the visuals I see from the MAC III resemble what I have seen from PRG's Badboy (or however they plan on spelling/capitalizing it).

my random thoughts snap to the lawsuits brought in the past, especially Vari*Lite vs High End. VL also sued Martin but that was resolved much more rapidly than the VL vs High End one.

the only consistent thing among all of these lawsuits was VL. and, of course, when PRG absorbed the VL R&D and Rusty Brutsche, I'm sure some of the "established wisdom" in those depts came with them.

I find it very interesting that the Bad Boy has a 4 wheel color system. doesn't that seem remarkably similar to the "dichro tune" system from the VL2 series? I guess now that PRG owns the rights to that technology, it makes sense to bring them back. that type of color system was always really fast and snappy, as was the gobo wheel - maybe this fixture will be all the VL2 was, and so much more.

peace, Tim O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back