The Metro, Chicago Illinois

thelightguy87

Hey, anyone from chicago? Do you know, or can you give an idea of what the lighting rig is at the Metro in Chicago? I have just been hired to do lights for a band Jan 3rd. And I'm discussing some specific concepts with the band, and i'm trying to find out what I'll be dealing with. Why don't I just ask the venue you ask? Well I don't have the contact info for someone who can give me this info, and the manager of this band i'll be working for seems to think that he has to relay any and all questions to the venue, cuz I wouldn't be credible, well i had a few words for this guy. Regardless, he won't budge and won't give me the contact info. I can't seem to find a Tech Rider for the Metro Online. So I thought I'd post on here just out of the blue to see if someone just happens to have done something there recently and could give me some info like, what movers they have, possibly how many? what kind of conventional rig they have, like number of color wash, is it a large rig or small. And possibly even what console they use there. I'm not expecting much too many details, its just for the sake of using this wonderful resource to see if anyone knows anything about the venue.

thanks

Mike

Last I heard they had a bunch of HES Spot 250, but that was 2 years ago. IIRC, they are fairly forthcoming.

I love the Metro, from memory, they have 60K US and about 8 250 watt movers, front light is ehhh, they have two truss towers on each side of the stage providing the front light, there may be a spot in the balcony as well, but IIRC there is no true front light.

I love the Metro, from memory, they have 60K US and about 8 250 watt movers, front light is ehhh, they have two truss towers on each side of the stage providing the front light, there may be a spot in the balcony as well, but IIRC there is no true front light.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back