The new Ayrton Domino looks like a beast

MagnumCo

We're hoping to get a few of these in the shop soon. Anyone used them yet?

Looks ok. I dont think there's anything life changing about it.

Unless you need a waterproof 1000W LED mover with shutters, then it could be pretty damned useful :)

Edit: not immersion proof, of course! Just splash/jet.

Last edited:
There are others already on the market with similar output... It's not a first.

There are others already on the market with similar output... It's not a first.
What else is there from a name brand? Only one that comes close that I know of is the Proteus Maximus. I would be intrigued to see a shootout.
SGM has the G-Spot but it it nowhere close and both Elation and Ayrton make a lower output LED IP rated spot but there isn't much out there in high output LED that are also outdoor IP rated.

As far as I know, now there is at least competition.

As far as I know, now there is at least competition.

Which is good. Otherwise why would ETC have bothered to introduce the S4 - after all, there were already compact axial profiles on the market (e.g. Strand SL) which were slightly lower power but essentially in the same space. Except of course the S4 improved on what was already there.

It's kind of the same argument. If there's already a product, why enter the same space? Well, it's worth doing it you've improved on some feature (even if only a bit), or even just matching something in a sparsely populated market.

Im not saying competition is bad. Competition drives innovation.
What my comment was in response to was the title of the post. Commenting that the fixture is a 'beast' I took it as an implication that it was the best thing out there with the feature set it has. Which I would disagree with. The Proteus Maximus from Elation has quite the feature set as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back