The Phantom strikes again

Some tv annoucement class members have gone down into our tunnels there and taped it. They got a tour from the head janitor, and then showed a little of it on the tv's. There are some small 4 foot doors in the janitor's closets that lead down there, and one trap door in the hall with a trash can over it.

They keep all the boilers, and some other stuff down there. A lot of the tunnels have been sealed off though. I think it was originally supposed to be a bomb shelter.

Our loft is also creepy looking. The walkways are made of wood, and go up, and down, (the ceiling is wavy) There's metal supports, poles, wires, hot pipes of boiling water that you have to duck for/climb over. There's a lot of trash everywhere, and broken steps, and planks of wood to walk on. There's 50 years worth of grafiti, and broken lamps, bulbs, and set peices from the 80's. (found an old bunch of perilipses up there.)
I think some people from the filming class filmed something from Phantom of the Opera up there a while ago. It would be hard to move around in and to get good camera angles. Not really easy to have a swordfight without getting hurt. I've never seen it, but it should have been pretty cool.

Everyone knows you can get up there from SL with stairs and a rope ladder in the booth. Most people don't know there is another little door on SR. (SR has a little raised balcony where we keep old lights and set. The door is a small trapdoor looking thing with a padlock and no knob. It's about 4' by 4' and on the wall where you can't see it from the ground.) The SL and SR doors lead to another small room with a metal ladder up to the loft.
There are light switches by the stair entrance, by the middle of the loft batten, and in the booth, but none by the hidden SR entrance. Because the janitors always lock the stairs, and the booth, (and they forgot about the SR door) we have had to get to the booth by climbing up through the SR door in the dark, feeling around for the boards to walk on, avoiding burning pipes, broken glass, and other beams and crap poking out everywhere.

It creeps everyone else out, but I like it, even though I have hurt my head a few times. :) We haven't tried to clean anything because our school is getting completely torn down and rebuilt soon. (the new auditorium will be finished right after I graduate. :( )

Some of these were done for bomb shelters but a lot of them were done during that same period (50-60's) to store civil defense food and water supplies.
In addition construction design typically needs to have access to pipes and supports etc, so usually there are all sorts of passage ways in buildings just waiting to be explored

Sharyn

Well dang, I know what I'm doing after school today now. I'm pretty sure my school wasn't a bomb shelter, but there's gotta be something.

Sorry, old post, but I had another question related.

I have heard of some techs getting their phone fixed so that it does not do anything to audio during shows.

How is this done?
Why doesn't it interfere?
What exactly happens with usual cell phones?

Sorry, old post, but I had another question related.
I have heard of some techs getting their phone fixed so that it does not do anything to audio during shows.
QUOTE]

I've heard of it, too...it's called turning it off ;-)

As far as I know, interference from cell phones can only be stopped if the source (i.e. the phone) is moved away from where the interference is getting into the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back