The Problems

I would suggest posting a few things that you do around the theatre and exactly how you do it and we can tell you if you are doing it the proper and safe way or not.

Just a thought.;)

well what specifically do you want to know. there's many things around here we do. give me an example and i'll tell you how we do it. :)

Took me 5 months, but I finally! got the building manager to put the holes in our booth table after constantly being put on hold about getting it done. so instead of having all the wiring as the company so brightly setup going down the front of the table to under neith where the plugs are it goes through the holes like it should.

you have been placed in a situation where far more is expected of you than should be. Where far more responsibility is given to you than should be.
I know the feeling. I have been put of charge of large objects that will be presented to the city and i have help but it feels like im the one who has to do everything. But same with rickblu, i have been put into that jam also at an event where they say that we want you do this and this, yet all the people there are doing is have coffee and not helping on the aspect of the work they should have done. And example is the "Dating Game" rickblu has talked about.

It may work to your advantage some day, not to mention it means that no one questioned me if I was out of class or what not, they knew I was doing something essential.
That fact that it will help you, will also come to bug you because i was doing work and i had approval from a sub and i had gotten my work and i did for the next day. this is landing me in big trouble with the teacher. But the fact is the teacher has always hated me ever since the first day i step foot in her class. There many things that this teacher is known for and doing, some of which i will not say because it will land me in trouble.

So true Van so sadly true. A very bad example recently occured in our town. The high school stadium needed some structual work. they asked for money and now are building a gateway, restroom/concession complex and a massive iron fence. The electic and masonry labor was all donated, but all told the project ran into the hundreds of thousands. .......... We have been trying to raise money for new curtains since the 80's. All said.

Wow You got a guy fired because he's a janitor and not a Trained technician? Cool.

He didnt really get fired. He was transferred to another school in the district. This school is where the he has already worked before he was transferrred to the HS and then a list of complaints from other janitors and staff. But our problem was at the top because a speaker, this person was a person who worked with MLK as a second hand man, and the quality of the event was really poor and that was the last. The principal didnt want anything to go bad and which did happen and it was the final straw at the janitor.

well what specifically do you want to know. there's many things around here we do. give me an example and i'll tell you how we do it. :)

In your shop do you always wear safety goggles when cutting anything? Do you wear ear protection when using a saw that needs it. Do you always call out "Clear the rail", "loading ** inches", "rail clear", "load completely", "testing line set **", "line set ** coming in/going out", "lose tool(when in the air)" and the like. Do you always put a safety on every light?

In your shop do you always wear safety goggles when cutting anything? Do you wear ear protection when using a saw that needs it. Do you always call out "Clear the rail", "loading ** inches", "rail clear", "load completely", "testing line set **", "line set ** coming in/going out", "lose tool(when in the air)" and the like. Do you always put a safety on every light?

I don't take care of carpentry work that's what our carpentry department is for :). But if i was to be in a carpentry shop yes i would, i went to a vocational school and we had to cover all the OSHA saftey standards. Which if i had stayed there for another year we would have gotten a OSHA certification.

As far as loading goes and lose tools we yell when dropping the pipe, raising the pipe, ect... and anything up on the catwalk is secured, if it's a personal tool it's secured to the person, if it's anything bigger it's secured to the catwalk. All of our lights are always secured via saftey cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back