The Show in the Robe booth

gafftaper

Senior Team
Senior Team
Fight Leukemia
"The book was a little weak but the lighting was amazing." ;) It's hard to understand the audio... the short version. Laura Croft is trying to find Atlantis but must out dance ninjas on the way... just watch the pretty lights.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

How long would this have taken to design and program? Have they been working on this since Tomb Raider came out in March? The lighting is incredible!

How long would this have taken to design and program? Have they been working on this since Tomb Raider came out in March? The lighting is incredible!
You also don't really get the scale of the booth from my video. There was probably 30 feet on either side of the central stage. At one point it rained across the whole back wall. It was a crazy show.

The set itself wasn't that big. Time to program... that's a lot of work. But you do it all in a visualizer and the design work is done and programmed long before you ever even arrive.

Last edited:
So, I shot a couple videos of the show, but I had a wider lens and tried to show more of the lighting. (we are still teaching @gafftaper . he'll get better)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did the show make you - or anyone - want to buy a lot of Robe product?
It's not particularly influenced by this display, but their line of B-EYE knockoffs with the super bright center pixel is a pretty nice light. I've seen it used pretty effectively is small spaces where you want both a wash and spot fixture to fit.

with that much haze in that convention, and now a person with open flame on their head... there must be 10 fire trucks parked outside the entire event.

with that much haze in that convention, and now a person with open flame on their head... there must be 10 fire trucks parked outside the entire event.
Yeah and that tomb wall that she walked through while her head was on fire, sure looked like carved foam. No fire trucks and no fire alarms this year. However, we have heard a plenty of fire alarms go off in the past. Usually right about the time they open the hall on the first day it sets off all the alarms.

Naw, the fire alarms are always on the last day when the fog guys blow their tanks. They are heavy and they don't want the weight on the way home. Those are usually the cuprit. I think the fire alarm has gone off for the last 4 or 5 USITT Expos I've been to.

There was an alarm that went off while we were waiting for the doors to open on Friday. Of course, all of us just stood around figuring that it was the fog. It took about five minutes for them to turn it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back