The things you learn (the hard way)

ship said:
Here is a debate, what's the larger huge change in life? 22 or 30?

I'd say 30. I'm nearing 22, and I cant see anything happening in the near future that will be a huge change in my life. Then again, who knows.

22 was nearly seven years ago for me, so I'm creepin on the big 3-0. I'd say the big change comes when you sign mortgage papers and move your wife and child in. Talk about workin without a net! "Better not suck at sound, Jon... or we'll come take your house."

Now that I think about it. 22 was a big change for me, finished college hit the professional world, moved out of the Folk's place. Thirty's going to be just another work day for me. (Haven't had a birthday off since I was 13)

Mayhem said:
The stupid part was that I didn't know what voltage (if any) was present in the phone line. I had a fairly good idea that it wasn't 240V AC (mains voltage for us) but that was the extent of my knowledge.

Varies depending on the state of your line. Usually anywhere between 50VAC and 90VAC. Put a meter on yoru phoen line. Call it. Hang up. Now pick up and dial somewhere. The voltage on the line is what makes the phone ring, busy signal, etc.

I was pretty new to lighting when my theatre took a show to the Carpenter Center. I learned a circuit is never completely dead. I plugged in an Iris and caused blue sparks. Their circuits carry more voltage than the ones in my high school. I didn't get hurt, but it was quite an event to see.

i measured our phone line to be 41.8v

Users who are viewing this thread

Back