The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Theatre Educator From Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by Gridrat, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Gridrat

Gridrat Member

Hello Folks:
    My name is Charlie Woods. I registered on the forum last week, but have just now had time to make my first post. I am a Theatre Educator working for The Katy Independent School District ( Katy Texas) as the Technical Director and Performing Arts Center Director at James E. Taylor H.S. I consider myself a jack of all trades. I have worked in theatre ( Technician and acting) agriculture, construction and other industrial areas which allow me to bring alot to the classroom and my students. Even as a teacher I am continuing to learn more about my craft, and discover ways to make my students better. One of the big reasons I joined the forum; to learn and share information.

Our facilities consist of a 900 seat Proscenium Theatre and a 250 seat Black Box Theatre. When I started at Taylor Almost 12 years ago I taught in a regular classromm and built sets outside in a parking lot. We have expanded, and now have our own scene shop area that includes Welding Equipment, EPS foam cutting machines as well as basic scene shop equipment. I am a firm believer in the "Hands On" approach to teaching and if the students are to learn what it takes to work in a real theatre environment then we need to supply them with as close to that as possible.

I enjoy Audio/Lighting most and volunteer in both of those areas at the Church I attend. I enjoy teaching, and the challenges it brings me every day.
    I look forward to learning from the members here and hope that I will be able to share information with others as well. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    If the picture I downloaded can be viewed, I am the Bald guy in the black shirt.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• 048.JPG
      048.JPG
      File size:
      82.3 KB
      Views:
  2. DaveySimps

DaveySimps CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Performing Arts Center Manager
    Welcome Charlie! Glad to have you here. We have a lot of other educators here on CB, so you are in good company. I look forward to reading your posts. Enjoy!

~Dave