There's a new Sheriff in town...and it's OPERA!

Hello Boothers!

I am a jack-of-all-trades theatre professional living in Oklahoma City. Depending on the production, or company, I've done just about everything behind the scenes, and onstage as well. Currently I teach vocal music, drama and other things. I am also a co-manager for Opera on Tap. I am typically the one with "big crazy ideas". Recently, one of those ideas, the "10 Minute Opera Festival" was a huge success. As we transition into our second season, Im working to make it an annual thing.

What I'm looking for on this site is info and advice on lighting. I've used Chauvet slim64s (borrowed) and it's not bad for what we are doing, but I want a little more artistic control. Im still doing research into whats best for us. We're definitely not in the realm of $1000 plus consoles and fixtures. However, I've used the cheapest of the cheap and I'm ready for something better.

Hello Boothers!

I am a jack-of-all-trades theatre professional living in Oklahoma City. Depending on the production, or company, I've done just about everything behind the scenes, and onstage as well. Currently I teach vocal music, drama and other things. I am also a co-manager for Opera on Tap. I am typically the one with "big crazy ideas". Recently, one of those ideas, the "10 Minute Opera Festival" was a huge success. As we transition into our second season, Im working to make it an annual thing.

What I'm looking for on this site is info and advice on lighting. I've used Chauvet slim64s (borrowed) and it's not bad for what we are doing, but I want a little more artistic control. I'm still doing research into what's best for us. We're definitely not in the realm of $1000 plus consoles and fixtures. However, I've used the cheapest of the cheap and I'm ready for something better.
@Rory Behrens Welcome to Control Booth there are worse places to be and many of us have already been there. A teacher you say, I'll try not to hold that against you but I can't speak for the others here.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Welcome Rory, from your post and a peek at the OOT website, it seems that Opera is much like "The Theatre", all you really need is the passion and a plank.......oh, and better lighting. Best of luck to you. Also, what type of spaces do you envision working in?

Welcome Aboard! Lot's of Okies, and former Okies here.
OKC Huh? You wouldn't happen to teach in Western Heights SD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back