The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

There's a new Sheriff in town...and it's OPERA!

Discussion in 'New Member Board' started by Rory Behrens, May 12, 2018.

1. Rory Behrens

Rory Behrens Member

Hello Boothers!

I am a jack-of-all-trades theatre professional living in Oklahoma City. Depending on the production, or company, I've done just about everything behind the scenes, and onstage as well. Currently I teach vocal music, drama and other things. I am also a co-manager for Opera on Tap. I am typically the one with "big crazy ideas". Recently, one of those ideas, the "10 Minute Opera Festival" was a huge success. As we transition into our second season, Im working to make it an annual thing.

What I'm looking for on this site is info and advice on lighting. I've used Chauvet slim64s (borrowed) and it's not bad for what we are doing, but I want a little more artistic control. Im still doing research into whats best for us. We're definitely not in the realm of $1000 plus consoles and fixtures. However, I've used the cheapest of the cheap and I'm ready for something better.

RonHebbard likes this.
  2. RonHebbard

RonHebbard Well-Known Member Premium Member

@Rory Behrens Welcome to Control Booth there are worse places to be and many of us have already been there. A teacher you say, I'll try not to hold that against you but I can't speak for the others here.
    Toodleoo!
    Ron Hebbard

3. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member Fight Leukemia

Welcome Rory, from your post and a peek at the OOT website, it seems that Opera is much like "The Theatre", all you really need is the passion and a plank.......oh, and better lighting. Best of luck to you. Also, what type of spaces do you envision working in?

4. Van

Van CBMod CB Mods Premium Member

Project Manager, Stagecraft Industries, Inc.
    Welcome Aboard! Lot's of Okies, and former Okies here.
    OKC Huh? You wouldn't happen to teach in Western Heights SD?