Three dimmers won't turn off

if you have a friend that is an electrican it wouldnt be hard to fix. I wish i could charge 900 bucks for simply replacing some scr's. you just disconnect the wiring and pull out the module, and unscrew the cover, you will see them right there on top.

OK SO I JUST HAD A FRIGGIN COOL IDEA FOR RACK MOUNTED INSTALL DIMMERS. When you install them, buy some rack rails (they are sold at all "real computer stores", the computer stores that sell servers and such) The servers are on rack rails, so if you have to replace some piece of hardware, you undo the 4 rack screws (for servers they just serve the purpose of keeping the servers from sliding out of the rack) and then you can slide out the dimmer you want. Rack rails work the exact same as drawers. Just leave some slack in the back of the rack nicely loomed, and your ready to go. No more dissasembling racks.

Tim, check your nomenclature. I believe rack rails are the vertical pieces mounted 19" apart. What you are describing I have called rack slides. I would hope one is not removing and installing one's dimmers often enough to warrant the extra cost of the slides.

I have heard them called many different things. Commonly when i hear rack rail i'm thinking the standard rail that mounts on both sides of the rack. It would add up the price of an install but also make service easier. Personally i do not think it is that hard to remove a dimmer out of a rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back