Three Local #1 stagehands injured at Golden Theatre.

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
3 stagehands working at "The Golden Theater" on West 45th, NYC have been injured when a Mule Block fell from the grid. At least one injury was categorized as 'Serious' by sources on site. All three were apparently transported to a local Hospital.
The play "Hillary and Clinton" closed there Sunday night.

I do not, I would assume they require them, especially when there are folks over them. I'm waiting for another report from a friend on site.

looks like they updated the story to read "a piece of rigging equipment " the headline remains Hope these guys are on the mend!

Last edited:
Okay, now I've heard it was a Mule Block, Mule Stand, "pipe" or just "rigging".

Given the general description of a "pipe", it makes me suspect that it was a Mule Stand.

Anybody have any more solid details?

Were they loading in or still loading out? Show closed day before but two articles said loading in. And all on a "catwalk" which I would guess some of us might call a gallery or fly gallery. And building inspectors; why not OSHA?
From what I understand loading out. Hands were on the mid-bridge loading gallery, still waiting for more clarification.

That makes sense. I think journalists didn't grasp in is down and out is up and so on.

"All three workers are in stable condition, city officials said. The stagehands were unloading equipment and putting together a set at the theater when a metal stand fell on top of them."

All now reported in stable condition.

"A mule block stand fell from the grid to the fly floor level. Guy #1 took most of the hit. Major head wound. Relief hole in his skull for swelling. He is supposed to be out of the hospital sometime this week. Guy#2 got part of his ear cut off. Guy #3 has a broken wrist. They were both released the next day.
It happened during a restore. A hand was in the grid and tasked with hooking up stuff to send down on a chain motor. He set the mule stand next to the grid hatch. Made a move and it fell. It will be a long recovery for guy #1. "
An accident. Sobering reminder that "There but for the grace of god go I."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back